Regret

~Ahalieia

"I really hope I'm good to you." I spoke to my belly. "I didn't get to have this experience with Victoria or be there for her when she was born."

"I wanna do it right for you. Breast feed and stay up all night while you cry and sing you to sleep. I wanna be a good mommy to you. Boy or girl it wouldn't matter but I think Uncle Austin wants a boy. And you Daddy too. He wants a little football player, he went to fight for our country and didn't get to live his dream. Your Daddy is a good man. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to see how far along I am. I can't wait to see you darling. . . I love you already."

I looked up as the door opened and Dallas walked in. I looked at the clock on the wall seeing the time.

It was 3:19. What the fuck could he possibly have been doing out at three in the morning.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"Don't worry bout what I been doin." He slurred.

"Dallas are you drunk?!"

I stood up walking over to him. I brought my hand up to touch his face when he smacked it away.

"Are you a cheatin bissh?!" He shot back.

"What is your problem!"

"You ma problem Laya! I know you did the nasty to the Detective!"

"Are you serious Dallas? I just found out that I'm pregnant today!"

"Oh that's just great. Well congratulations! I hope you and the douche bag Detective have a wonderful life together with you new baby."

"Dallas I have never cheated on you. It's your baby dumb ass."

"Well I want a DNA test."

"Excuse me?!"

"You heard me. I should probably get one on Victoria too, you sh-"

I punched him in his jaw as he stumbled back falling into the table breaking it. He looked up at me shocked holding his face. I don't know what came over me but I'm glad it did.

"Fuck you Daniel. It's one thing to doubt the child inside of me but don't you dare fucking sit there and deny Victoria when you lied to me about even being pregnant with her you bastard! I don't care how drunk you are. Clean this shit up and stay your stupid ass down here and don't come near me!"

I stood there for a couple of seconds trying to gain back my composure and turned down the hall way. I stopped at the end and opened the door to Vickies room. She was asleep in her bed holding her stuffed monkey.

Maybe I shouldn't have hit him. I know he was drunk but I couldn't just let him talk about my daughter like she was nothing. At this point she was my daughter.

I walked in and kissed her cheek accidently waking her up.

"Momma is Daddy back? Is he still mad at me?" She questioned.

No your dad is being an asshole and I hope he falls down a deep dark well.

"No baby he's not mad at you, he's upstairs asleep. You just go to sleep okay. You've got school in the morning."

"Okay night momma. I love you."

"I love you too."

I pulled her blanket over her and walked out her room shutting the door. I walked upstairs toward my bedroom noticing my door open and the fireplace on.

"I know this dick did not come upstairs after I told him not to." I said to myself.

I walked in seeing Austin at my fireplace throwing stuff in.