Let's "Talk"

"What you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Don't complain."

― Maya Angelou

"Never miss a good chance to shut up."

― Will Rogers

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

― Mark Twain

"The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."

― Gloria Steinem

Dallas~

"Daddy!" Vickie squealed jumping on me.

"Hey Babygirl I missed you. What are you doing here?"

"I had missed you so I asked momma if I could come and see you. She brought me to you. Why you at Uncle Justyn house daddy? Why you don't come home?"

"Daddy made mommy really sad so I have to wait awhile before I come back. But don't worry, its grown up stuff."

"Momma said to Uncle Austin you act like a child. Then it's not grown up stuff, silly goose."

No your mom is being a child because she can't just get over it already and let me come back home.

"Okay my love what do you want to do today?"

"I wanna see Ty!"

"I knew you would. Let's go."

"Yay!"

She jumped off my lap screaming and ran outside the front door.

I sighed grabbing my shoes and put them on. It's been about two weeks since I've been home. Laya hasn't called or texted me. When she has doctors' appointments she makes Austin tell me then I meet her at the doctor's office. We never speak the whole time. Its killing me on the inside. I wish she'd just talk to me that way I could explain myself and she'd understand why I did what I did. This wasn't all my fault.

I left out of Justyns and drove with Vickie down to the country. I drove down a dirt road until I got to his house. Every time he moves he always gotta go somewhere far out. But I guess that's the price of being a drug lord. Living in Solitary.

I tried helping Vickie out the car but she just scrambled away from me and went charging for the door. I caught up to her and was getting ready to knock when Ty swung the door open looking pissed.

"Ty!" Vickie squealed.

He smirked and picked her up.

"Hi Bonita I missed you."

"I missed you more!"

"Wassup Dallas. Heard you cheated."

"Yea I'm sure. What's wrong with you?" I asked him.

"Dad's being a bitch cause mom left him again."

"No bad words Ty." Vickie scolded him.

"I'm sorry love." He apologized kissing her hand. "You wanna go see Aunt Clem and get ice cream?!"

"Oh My Grapes Yes! Daddy I can go?!"

"Yes and be careful. Stay away from sunflowers and Tyson watch her."

"I am. I am."

I shook my head and kissed Vickie on her head before walking inside.

I entered the living room and he was sitting on the couch smoking a blunt with a bottle of whisky next to him. I sat next to him and he looked at me and shook his head.