Tides have turned [Annabeth]

When you're known to be strong, you never back down or dare to fall to your knees; you fight for what you believe and your will would drive you to victory.

Nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes, some we can mend and others we regret and cannot do anything about. They say time heals all wounds, but I refuse to just let the opportunity pass by.

I'll keep trying to mend what's left as long as there's still a chance at it. 

I still cared for him, even if he wants to move on and forget me.

He was there for me every step of the way, from that first time I saw him at the big house up to when he held the burden of the sky for me. The kiss at Mt. Saint helens, in the labyrinth and his 18th birthday.

He was such the romantic one, even if he could be stupid at times. The thought of him going into sword training without armor still haunts me, gods that boy could get hurt.

It was dumb when you think about it, but it was dumber to have let that slip away. He chose me and yet I gave him away. Now I want to feel the salty taste of his lips, the breath of the ocean once more. 

I can barely hold onto the polaroid I had with me, the one I brought to Spain. It gave me so much hope and looked forward to come home to his open arms and start again.  Were children of Athena idealistic or just dillusional?

I ran right inot his emrace alright, cold along with that façade. He was taller, more muscular and his eyes were darker and colder than before. His voice sends chills down my spine, as it has a hint of refinement and maturity. His stay overseas had changed him so much and it feels weird to think he was the same Percy. In the silence of my mind, I absentmindedly entered his name onto my laptop.

True to his word, he had embraced being well known as he had his own bio. I clicked on a recent News article and lo and behold there was Percy. The press described it to be a miracle that he went on vacation on his seemingly serious career overseas, so it says. The pictures told many things, but one thing stands, he was happy while running from the press.

I remember all those times we used to sneak off past curfew in the lake, his boldness rubbing off on me. He would always be so gentle and considerate around other people too.  It was his fatal flaw, Personal Loyalty. He would do anything, even sacrifice himself for the ones he loves, I failed to do same for him. Percy was hurt and I knew it. Did I have a choice?

I had only two days before I left New York, Camp and of course, Percy. I was bidding  farewell while packing my stuff with my siblings when my mother came in and we all greeted her. She smiled but motioned me to follow her, to which I did. She led me to the lake as her face grew serious.

"Annabeth, have you finished your business here?" she said. If I wasn't mistaken, I could have sworn I heard a hint of annoyance.

"Yes mom, although I won't go without saying goodbye to Percy."

"That stupid sea spawn? Forget about him Annabeth." I knew my mom had a grudge on Percy's dad but taking it out on him wasn't the wisest choice.

"You can't be serious" 

"Unless you want to see him as feed for my owls, break up with that sea spawn!" I dropped my bags and looked at her defiantly. I wasn't going down without kicking hard.

"Isn't it my decison to make of whom I end up with?" she only sighed and looked at me as if i was some child.

"Annabeth,I just do not wish for you to follow the same path I did. Who knows what Aphrodite plans. He might just be like Thesseus" 

Of course, she brings up her old tale of Theseus. King of Athens and once a mortal she fell in love with, or so the story goes. She makes it seem that all those born from Poseidon are but the worst of the worst. It's been nothing but ridicule for Percy, and I've had enough.

I didn't say another word. I refused. But...the offer was too tempting. I couldn't pass it by.

All she asked was for a chance and a kiss. What could go wrong?

A lot could go wrong.

How wrong I was back then, I let my fatal flaw take the best of me. And now, I don't have the bo- man I love. To him, I didn't need to be the best, since he put me on top of his priorities. We never really cared about what our parents think, but all that went away within a blink of an eye, and here I was all alone in my hotel room missing Percy.

I need him to be with me, I feel incomplete. He makes my heart beat and gave me his when we had our first kiss. He has that effect on me and to almost everyone he meets a feeling of comfort and knowing that we have him supporting what's right. And for girls like me, any one of us had been lost in Percy's eyes that were an unpredictable shade of green just like how he was. So carefree, so nice and so gentle, what more could anyone would ask? All those times we almost died, but he was there with me through it all. Whether a guinea pig, a seaweed brain or whatever he may be in his life, I will always Love him.

What do I have to do to get him back, I don't want to let go. I wish he was right here beside at this moment telling me it was okay and making me smile by just flashing that lopsided grin.

What's the use of being so smart, if there is no one who's there to be funny and tells you not to be too serious? I wish I could increase not only my Intelligence Quantity but also my Emotional Quantity, so I could have thought more of how Percy would have felt, and yet here I am wanting him back. Truth be told, I may not be even worth that much to get back into Percy's life, but I'm still not over him, my beloved Seaweed Brain. For him I would risk it all, just like how he did for me…

I snapped out back to reality frin an Iris-message coming from Chiron. But it wasn't that anything different, although he was glad to see me back from Spain.

"Something seems off Annabeth, is something troubling you Annabeth? "He asked, which I returned with a sad look. Chiron immediately wanted to know what got me into like this but I just smiled at my teacher for his concern.

"It's nothing Chiron, just thinking about Percy, that's all"

"Percy? You've seen him? How is he Annabeth?" I had to look down on his question; of course I had to be the one to make his favorite student leave.

"I'm so sorry Chiron, It's my fault you're worried about Percy's wellbeing"

"Annabeth, it's not like that at all! I was worried for you too when you left first and for Percy, he took it pretty hard when you left."

"I know. He made that very clear when we met last night." I said, making Chiron sigh and shake his head. "He has changed Chiron, by a lot."

"How so Annabeth?" he asked, as I described how last night's conversation went down. Chiron nodded and listened intently and became worried when we got to how he spoke about me.

"Annabeth, hear me out; Even if Percy is like that, the real one's deep inside that cold shell that he put up to protect himself. You know that his flaw is Personal Loyalty, he's bound to warm up." Chiron said to try cheering me up, but to no avail.

"Thanks for the effort Chiron, but this Percy is not like the old one, he thinks more critically than before and now wants to move on."

"The heart can tug the strings of the brain and the brain can tug the strings of the heart, we have to believe in what both our mind and heart agree upon."

"I wish you luck Annabeth" the image shimmered and then disappeared, leaving a small amount of mist in the air.

And there I was, all alone all over again worrying about the boy that I can't stop thinking about.