Untitled Part 15

It wasn't a surprise that the ride going to the fashion event was full of dread. So, I whipped up my phone and constantly sent Annabeth text after text. Whenever she replied, I felt a sense of relief since I had someone to talk to even just going to the event. At one point, I also asked Annabeth if she wanted to come with me but replied with a 'no thanks'. I never wished for this life, but I have to do this in debt of the ones who did try to help me. Speaking of which, I might be dreading my decision based on one thing. That was the waiting press and the wall of cameras that waited for me.

I wasn't that big of a celebrity in my eyes but to everyone else apparently, I was. The moment I stepped out of the limo, reporters were already there to inform the waiting press. Just great and I can't wear sun glasses when in a suit because I would look like a dumbo. Did I mention I was in a suit? The invitation mentioned to dress formal, so I humbly obliged. Smiling the best I could, the press greeted me with shouts of requests to look their way. I had a background behind me and already been accustomed to be mobbed with these many flashes. But it wasn't long until I waved to the press as I entered the hall where the event was starting soon. The organizers welcomed me and I nodded to them and found my seat near the front row on the right side of the runway.

Says in the Invitation that the line that would be featured was the work of a veteran designer and her new teen line. I just hoped that it wouldn't be too over the top, since most people want to keep it rather simple. Since the event had not started yet, I decided to text Annabeth again.

"Event Sucks and is boring without you."

"Stop being a grumpy troll in a suit Percy. Wouldn't want the people to think so lowly my Seaweed Brain" I had to stare wide-eyed at that, didn't think of that.

"You know I hate following formalities. I wish I could get out of this now. And says here there will be an interview session after. BORING" I texted back as some very rude girls scooted to nearby seats. Talk about unladylike.

"Just hang in there. If you can battle the titan king, you can tolerate two hours there" I had to grudgingly admit that she was right. Before I could muster a reply, the event started so I just sent the news to Annabeth and promised to message soon. And then the music started playing, the first models started pouring out.

It took a while before it finished but when it finally did I was beyond relieved. The line wasn't too interesting, but it just may be like that since I am just a model. I immediately reached for my phone and texted Annabeth the good news; I survived the event. Although I had to tolerate yet another challenge, interviews that were to be live streamed. I should have consulted Jerome before he left on what I actually was in store for.

Walking back into the hall, I was supposed to look for someone named, Jenny Kins. Weird name I know, but I can't blame her, must be her tag name. She was to interview me as the others went inside the other hall for the celebration party. I had notified Annabeth earlier so she should be watching the live stream. That is, if I could find said reporter.

"AH there she is" I thought when I saw someone in a modern style stool across an empty one. She seemed nervous and waiting for someone so I took my chance and tapped her shoulder.

"Excuse me; you wouldn't happen to be Jenny Kins right?" I asked as she nodded while blushing beet-red. She introduced herself and thanked me for answering her request for the live stream. She was nice and totally different from those crazy reporters that wanted to drive me insane.

"Um...Sir Jackson. We're on in 2 minutes" she said with her head hung low.

"Call me Percy. Don't fret over me, I'm not that big of deal."