The Return and Chilly Encounter [Annabeth]

Who knew staring out the window would be a good way to relax on a long flight huh? The quiet horizon in the sky and the small traces of clouds come into view as the plane speeds off to our destination. A flight attendant snapped me out of my thoughts and greeted me with a smile, which I returned with one of my own.

"Good evening Miss, would you like a muffin? It's complimentary of course." The attendant said.

I politely took one and gave her my thanks and ate the blueberry encrusted muffin. Why do I feel like there is something supposed missing in this situation, oh well I guess? But I decided to ask the attendant a question before she rolled her tray down the aisle.

"Excuse me, but how long until we land at the airport?" I asked. She turned to me and said

"In about 3 hour's miss. Get some sleep, you look tired." She told me as she gave more muffins to the kids on the seats across mine.

"3 more hours" I thought.

I just looked out the window from my seat, hoping that there wouldn't be any more delay. As I bite the last piece of my muffin, I tuck the plastic in my pocket and tried to close my eyes after weeks of hard work.

Watching the baggage carousel intently while waiting for your luggage is not the best experience for anyone. It's been about an hour since I landed and I still have my luggage to wait, who knew it would take this long? As I see the simple black luggage came into view, I grab it carefully and check the tag with the name "Annabeth Chase" on it; yep this one's mine alright. As I pull my luggage off the carousel, I could have sworn I heard some people seem to rush for something, to which I'm sure that is not important. I even bumped into some girls with pen and paper, probably someone famous but I couldn't care who, I wanted a cup coffee and this girl wants it now. Oh, have I not introduced myself yet? Must be those muffins, they were too good I guess, blueberry yum.

Anyway, my name's Annabeth Chase, based from the name of my luggage, of course. I'm a young architecture student and pretty darn good one at 19 if I do say so myself. I have to say those lessons in Barcelona did well, and now I'm on break here on New York. Well, things weren't as busy as before in Spain, so I decided to head for New York for a vacation since the next project on the architectural firm is a ways away and they did say I could take a break from doing a great job with designs. So here I am for about, oh I don't know, 6 months? I sure hope so, after all those years, it's a nice feeling to be back again.

I wonder how everyone at Camp are. It's been like 3 years ever since I left my friends, an emotional one at that I might add. Not as much as-

"Miss, you're espresso is ready" a waiter said, snapping me out of my thoughts again, gosh that was the second time today. Can I get a break for once? I smile at him and take the espresso in my hand and paid for it and went on my way out again. The streets of New York are filled with many sites and places to visit and it's great that I'm here again, although I have other plans tonight.

Grabbing a taxi at the big apple was never easy if you've been away and not had that much experience, so it was a pain but I managed to grab one by surprise. Not bad for someone who's been away from New York I guess. The lights, the people and the attractions are still bustling and it brings me joy to be back. It wasn't called the city where dreams come true, for nothing.

I paid the driver the fee and went inside the hotel and checked in. I settle in and drop my luggage and take a bag and coat and head to my intended destination for tonight, before the snow outside gets too chilly because I don't intend on spending my night sleeping just yet.

As the 2nd Taxi comes to a halt, here I am at one of the most memorable places in New York personally, Central Park. Unlike the last time, getting that taxi was easier than the one at the airport, it must have been the difference in people I guess.