Mom's Blue Cookies [Percy]

Taking a tray of mom's blue cookies brought the biggest smile I could wear on my face. I couldn't help myself on these, ever since Jerome got me on those 'special diets'. Mainly consisting of oats and wheat bread with a serving of a weird smoothie blend, it became a rare opportunity to pig out like this.

I think I'll reward myself with cookies, which in fact is a total Kodak moment. One way that I'd love to keep in touch was through social media once I figured out the loophole. 'Followers' is the official term, but I refer to them as more on friends and not just followers.

"Take a picture with me mom!" She smiled at me and just shook her head, looking straight at the smart phone in my grasp. To pass the time, I would take a glance at how I look using the camera or take photos. It was about time I had confidence and stood up for myself.

My mom shyly took the space on the couch beside me, and I immediately pulled her close and took photos. Odd how she appeared really timid when she was eager to document all of my moments as a baby when possible. Possible revenge? Nah, I just loved the feeling.

"Percy, Are you feeling alright?" my mom asked, putting her hand on my cheek. I was preoccupied with uploading the photo until she made me look in her direction. She had that concerned expression and held her attention towards me.

"Couldn’t be better mom." I told her, grabbing another cookie from the coffee table. She wasn’t convinced and even snatched the phone out of my hands when I stopped listening. I tried to protest, but she stood her ground.

"Son, I've missed you, and you certainly changed in the last 3 years, I mean you're so tall now and how did you become this fit?" she asked, trying to find the tickle spot I had in my stomach. I tried to hide the chuckle and just held a serious face. That certainly didn't last long as she soon had me chuckling and begging her to stop. I was expecting a scolding not a belly rub from my mother.

Just like those times before all this drama, back when she came home with blue candy from work. With the exception of that smelly pig, I’m glad that he’s a thing of the past.

"I almost can't recognize my baby boy now. What have you been eating?" she said trying to pull my cheeks. I found myself unable to resist and went with it. It was my mom, how could I not?

"I had to maintain my eye candy status mom. If I was going to survive, I had to be magazine cover worthy every day." Mom had sharp eyes, I looked too different from the pictures she had before I left. I knew she only cared but there was nothing to fret since I was still walking and talking.

In fact, I was almost the complete opposite of the Perseus that left back then.

I'm back at camp but the color seems to drain from my eyes and I see nothing but a dull grey. Some call it gray scale but I just call it emptiness. This felt so wrong, the world has colors and I’m no monochrome patient.

Grey…wasn't that her eye color? Could I tell the difference in my state? The eyes that I seemed to get lost in every single time I looked into them, yet I couldn't have her since she chose someone else.

I just trudged towards my cabin and just avoided everyone, since I wasn't in the mood to talk. I didn’t need their advice since I wouldn’t even listen to them. Regret would only resonate right after and I would love to avoid that.

Crisp. The crisp scent of the sea brought me to ease every time I opened the door. This time, the scent seemed stronger and the air gave off a different vibe than usual. Sure enough, I found the reason as soon as I pointed it out.

I couldn't smile at all, and just calmly strode towards my bed and bowing to him respectfully. My father was smiling at me until the point I bowed, his expression changed like how it is reflected to the sea just outside.