I was lost in the UK

There was nothing going on in my head as I was left all alone again by my best friend this time. Sure, there is Annabeth but the feeling of emptiness is still there through it all. I knew I was stupid but to drive Jerome away was my entire fault since I was the reason he does so much work. Holding the picture with my once best friend, I slowly sink to the floor and let out quiet sobs as I felt the emptiness take over, just like how it did before.

Jerome was the one to help me cope up with the same feeling I am experiencing right at his moment, when I first came to the UK. He introduced me to the world of the stars and helped me deal with the many drama, work and stress that came with it. Making it big was truly a challenge, but he was there for me through it all like a good friend should.

Flashback

The plane ride was awful, but I had to go through it since I did technically agree to what the gods planned. A fresh start, could I really make one here in the UK? The first thing I have to deal with is my accent; I am from New York after all. From the flight attendants to the security guards, they greeted me with the all-too new British accent. I had to admit it was a refreshing thought, but how could I deal and cope up with that? I held my trust to Lords Apollo, Hermes and my Father that they will keep their word and at least help me to adjust, and to forget the pain.

All I had was a few clothes and Nectar and Ambrosia that Lord Hermes had packed me along with a guitar and a violin from Lord Apollo. They were the best cousins I could have asked for; then again they were gods after all. Dad also chipped in and bought my ticket along with a trident armband with a shark tooth necklace which I had thanked dad for the most, since even if they were simple gifts they meant the world to me. It's the thought that counts right? That, and the fact that I had nowhere to go had me stumped, just great.

I reached in one of my pockets and there was my trusty sword Riptide which I brought since you could never be too sure in the life of a demigod. But on the other pocket was something different, some Pound currency. I guess it was a good thing since American dollars had a different value here. I whistled for a taxi cab like how I did in New York and got one immediately but with a lot of people staring at me. I guess that's not how you call taxi's here, note taken.

I only had a small baggage that I pulled and the guitar on my and in its case as the taxi came in front of me and I started to put my things inside. There was one problem though...I didn't know where to go. This was wonderful, great job seaweed brain.

"Where to Sir?" the taxi driver asked, but I had nothing in mind to answer him. I thought to myself where I could go and the first thing that seemed to pop in my head was the London Eye so why not.

"The London Eye Sir." I said to the cab driver and raised an eyebrow but started the taxi and head for the destination. On the way, the man asked some basic tourist details since he could tell that I wasn't from around here. I didn't tell him too much but managed to tell him I was from New York on a vacation, I guess. Soon enough, there was the London Eye alright, but the man out of goodwill turned a corner and we stopped at a hotel nearby. I thanked the man who probably knew that I wasn't too familiar with the place, so I needed a bit of help. I paid the man and thanked him for the help and he was soon back on the streets. Now, I face another dilemma of where I would get the money for the hotel.

Setting down my luggage at the lobby of the hotel, it would make do for now since I had nowhere else to go. I then started going through my bag and began looking for a way to pay for the hotel fee but I wasn't so lucky as the taxi fee I found in my pocket. All of a sudden, at the same time I heard the managers that seem to bicker about something.

"Larry, they couldn't make it! What are we suppose to do, cancel the gathering?" one guy said while the other guy seemed to not be taking this all too well. I didn't want to be rude, but I was concerned for the two since they needed something to entertain guests and a little voice in my head told me to go and take it. So in the end, I did and so my voice was heard and I received applause. And all I needed to do was get on stage and strum my guitar and sing a song, it was almost as if they were mesmerized by the tune of the guitar. I owed Lord Apollo for this, big time.