Chapter 17

I couldn't even tell how long I have been in here. I felt like a captave and I didn't like it.

I know Hook is my father but it is still a hard concept for me to grasp. I definitley would not put him up for a best father award.

A good father would not hold their daughter as a hostage I mean that is just common sense.

I wonder how much longer I would have to wait for Peter to save me.

Wait a second. Hold up. Pause the film. (or in this case book).

Why am I waiting for Peter to save me? I can get out of here myself. I just have to be wise about it. I may be a damsel. I may be in distress but I can handle myself very well quite frankly.

I need to stop worrying about pleasing other people and focus on what makes me happy.

I looked down at my ring and all the memories. I wish I could see how my parents were now. What were they acting like now that we were gone.

I guess it was very irresponsible of me to leave. How is Alice? I bet she is looking for me like crazy. I hope she doesn't think that I just abandoned her because I didn't. Well I kind of did but that wasn't my intention.

My intention was to make a better life for John and Michael. I knew they weren't truly happy. I wasn't truly happy. Wait. Did I assume that they weren't happy just because I was unhappy?

What if Michael and John were happy? What if they really liked living in London? What if I prevented them from their true potential?

I am a horrible person.

Is that a tear? I felt gently slide down my face. How long have I been crying? I wiped away the tears as I started to hear some yelling from outside.

It didn't sound like fighting yelling it sounded more like starting a revolution type yelling. My curiosity was starting to get the best of me. I leaned my ear against the door but all I heard was muffled sounds.

Ugh. This boredom is killing me.

I kept pacing back and forth.

My thoughts were getting the better of me. I kept thinking about Peter. It was like I was on overdrive. I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Why did I have this craving to see him? Why did I only want to be with him? Why did I want to have this hatred toward my father when Peter was the cause of almost everything Hook has done? Shouldn't I be against Peter?

Shouldn't I be mad at him? Why don't I hate Peter? Isn't it in my blood to despise him? Is the water of the island affecting my decision?

Is something making me feel the way I feel or is this what it's like to actually be myself? How twisted is it that I am being held hostage by my own father, the infamous Captain Hook? Does being related to Hook make me evil? Is Hook really evil?

I can see that he has good intentions he just doesn't go about it the right way. All these questions felt like they were eating me alive. It made me sick to think this much. I could feel the room starting to spin.

I stumbled back and fell onto the couch. I could hear screaming from outside. Peter was here. So, were the lost boys... and the Indians?

Why would they help us?

Wait. Are Michael and John here? I instantly felt my defense mode kick in and I charged to the door.

"Let me out! Let me out! Peter I'm in here!" I screamed at the top of my lungs banging on the door as hard as I could.

I kept banging on the door for what felt like hours but was probably a couple minutes at most. Eventually they opened to reveal John and Michael.

"John! Michael!" I hugged them. "Quick we have to get out of here! We can sneak around over here." I instructed but they just stood there. "Why are you just standing there? Come on, let's get off this ship."