Chapter 9

“Wendy you are very brave but I can’t let you stay here for me.” Tiger Lily said. She was so confident and so brave.

“I promised your father that I would get you home. I am not going to break that promise. After all, a girl shouldn’t have to live without her father. I know what that is like and I can’t make you go through that. I can guarantee you that I will be fine here.” I gave Tiger Lily a small smile.

“Very well, if you are okay with all of this-”

“I am. How much longer until we can reach the shore?” I asked Hook.

“Not very long we should be there soon.” Hook then adjusted his Hook and made his way back to the deck.

“Thank you.” Tiger Lily said gratefully. “Is Hook really your father?”

“Yes.” I nodded. “He hasn’t been there for me for the last 15 years and now all of a sudden when I come here he expects me to want to be like him. I don’t want to be a pirate. I have been visited by Peter ever since I was a little girl and just recently he brought me to Neverland with my two brothers. After all the stories Peter has told me about Hook I don’t want to be anywhere near him.”

“Well I can’t say that Hook hasn’t done anything bad but he is your father. Peter isn’t exactly the most well-behaved boy on the island either. Both of them have done their fair share of naughty deeds but that doesn’t mean one is better than the other, that is just what it is like to be a boy.” The words Tiger Lily said sounded so wise.

"I guess you're right. It has just been so chaotic taking this all in. Also, now most of the lost boys don't trust me just because Hook is my uh my-"

"It's okay you don't have to say it. I understand if you aren't ready. If the lost boys don't trust you that is their loss. I can tell your heart is pure. I know you don't want to stay here now but may be in time you will learn that it isn't so bad."

"We are here." Hook informed us.

"Goodbye Tiger Lily."

"Goodbye Wendy." Tiger Lily gave me a hug before she left. I waved as I saw her walk down to the dock and back to her village. I hoped that one day our paths would cross again.

I turned around to see Hook smirking.

"Ready for your training?" Hook smirked.

"Training?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Of course now that you are here. Wendy, you are the newest member of our crew. The least I can do is teach you how to defend yourself." Hook smirked as if he cared. Does he really care about me? If he does then why did he never go after me before?

"Of course!" I smiled fake as always guess I'm back to pretending to be someone I'm not. "How could I forget something so important?"

Hook handed me a sword.  "Now be sure to keep your stance strong like this." I mimicked Hook's movements and I listened to what he said carefully. He put me through some role play with some of his crew and it turns out I'm a natural. Shocker.

"Good job Wendy! May be we should call you something different while you are here, a pirate name of sorts." Hook suggested.

"How about...." I scanned the crew to make it even more dramatic when I said, "Red Handed Jill."

"Why Red?" Jackson asked.

"Because, Red is the color of my victims blood on my hands after I slit their throat." The pirates cheered. I don't know if I liked this new personality of mine. It was so different from when I was a proper lady. It was also different from mother Wendy. When will I ever get to be myself, my storytelling fun-loving self?