Chapter 14

I fear that my memory is a bit foggy before Neverland.

"Peter?" I turn to face Peter as were on our way back to the hideout.

"Yes, Wendy?"

"Who is my mother?" I asked.

"You don't have one."

I sighed. I tried with all my might to think but I couldn't quite pin anything. It is as if my memory before Neverland is non-existent.

The first memory I have is coming to Neverland.

Peter and I arrived back to the hideout where I was greeted by all the lost boys.

I can, however remember that Michael and John are my brothers but I can't put a name or a face on our parents. I know Hook is technically my father but there was someone else. I wasn't raised in Neverland I don't think.

"Mother!" Michael shouted as he ran up to me and gave me a big bear hug.

"Mother, are you okay?" John asked.

"You don't think I am actually your mother do you?" I asked worried that their memories are worse than mine.

"Well, mothers tell stories and you tell us stories. A mother takes care of her children and you take care of us." John explained.

"But this is make-believe, it's pretend. I have just been playing. Do you remember?"

Michael and John just shook their heads.

"Wendy I think you need some sleep." Peter suggested as he took me back to my room.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Peter shrugged.

"Why can't I remember?" I was worried. I wanted to remember.

"Wendy, don't be frightened everything is okay."

"No it's not! I can't remember my past. Why not? I want to know my past it is a part of me."

"When people come to Neverland their past gets left behind as you stop growing old. It is just a part of the process."

"I don't want to forget Peter. I don't want to stay here forever."

"Yes you do. You told me that you did."

"No I didn't. Peter I can't live on Neverland forever with you."

"Why not?!?"

"Peter I need to go home. Michael and John need a home. They need to grow up."

"Why are you doing this to me? We have fun here, right?"

"I guess but-"

"But nothing! You are not going to leave this island! I want you to stay here and stay here you will!"

"Peter-"

"No! If you grow up you can NEVER come back!"

"Why are you getting angry?"

"I AM NOT ANGRY!'

"Clearly!" I raised my voice but then I took a deep breathe. "I don't want to but I have to go home."

"If you don't want to then why would you?!?"

"Something is telling me I have to. I can't explain it."

"Fine then! Go home! Grow up! I don't need you!"

And with that Peter stormed out of the room.

"Peter, wait!" I started to run after him but I just sighed in defeat. He needed time and I was going to give it to him.