Chapter 2

I continued to get ready for my banquet. I just added finishing touches. I placed a bow in my curled hair to match my dress. My make-up was fairly simple just some earth tones. I wanted a very natural look. I wasn't going to cake make-up on my face like my mother does and she thinks that no one will notice because it's totally believable to have naturally bright red lips.

I decided that I would check on Michael and John to see how they were getting ready.

*knock knock knock*

I tapped on the door.

"Come in," I heard John say. I entered the room as John and Michael were in their lovely tuxedos. Michael was trying to put on his black bow tie but he couldn't quite fold it right and John had the same problem with a long black tie. They both had their hair slicked back with a gallon of gel probably.

"Well you two look very handsome." I said making my way over to Michael to help tie his bow tie.

"Thank you Wendy." Michael said. "Do you really think Peter Pan will come tonight?" He asked and I starred into his big brown eyes.

"Yes I do." I smiled and finished making Michael's tie into a perfect bow. I then made my way to John.

"I can do it myself." John told me.

"Okay then show me." I folded my arms and waited until John gave me a defeated sigh.

"Okay may be I can't can you help me Wendy?" John asked.

"I would love to." I smiled and tied Johns tie.

"Do you think father will let me wear his top hat?" John asked as he put his round glasses on.

"May be I think you should ask him and listen to whatever he says. If he says 'no' then you say 'okay father thank you for your consideration.' Do you understand?" I asked.

"Yes Wendy." John then left the room to go find father.

"I wish father and mother would spend more time with us." Michael looked at me. I could tell all he wanted was to feel wanted and loved by them. Michael cares about what our parents think more than anyone of us.

"Me too." I hugged Michael. "Me too. I am going to check on everything downstairs the banquet will be starting soon. I love you Michael."

"I love you too Wendy." was the last thing I heard Michael say before I left the room.

I descended the stairs watching all the staff hustle and bustle around with my mother shouting random orders to make sure everything is perfect.

She was wearing a magenta pablum dress that went to her mid-thigh. She accessorized with a pearl necklace, earrings, and bracelet. Her hair was all up in a nice bun with no stray hairs or anything messy about it. She looked perfect and I wouldn't expect anything else from my mother.

"Wendy dear you look like such a lady." Mother said looking at me up and down.

"Thank you mother. You look simply divine tonight." I smiled.

"Well of course a darling-"

"Always looks darling, acts darling and proceeds life with nothing but perfection." I smiled repeating the same line I've heard my entire life.

"Oh I have raised you well." Mother smiled giving a sigh of accomplishment looking at me as if I was her finished masterpiece.

"No John." I heard my father snap from the other room.

"If you'll excuse me I will go help set up the orderves." I told mother before I fled to see my father and John.

"John the answer is no." I heard my father say sternly.