Chapter 8

“Hook must’ve taken Tiger Lily that is the only explanation.” I told Baldev as we approached the village.

“You must talk to the chief about this.” Baldev instructed me. “Why would Hook even steal Tiger Lily? The pirates and braves have always been at peace with each other and gone against a common enemy- the lost boys.”

“I’m not sure but I know he did it. May be it was so he could find the hideout. Don’t you braves know the island better than anyone?”

 “It is true that we know the island very well but that doesn’t mean we know the location of your precious underground hideout.”

 “I never said it was underground.” I crossed my arms. “Hook took Tiger Lily so she would tell him where the hideout was and he could attack the lost boys or worse.” Chills ran up my spine. What if Hook just wanted me? What if he only wanted his daughter back? What if he would threaten the lost boys just to get me back? What was so bad about the lost boys? May be I could bargain myself for Tiger Lily.

 “Wendy, follow me.” Baldev directed and I obeyed.

 “Are we going to see Michael and John now?” I asked.

“First you have to see the chief.”

 “No.” I stopped in my tracks. “I’m not going anywhere until I see my brothers.”

“Wendy, come on. This isn’t a game.” Baldev spoke with all seriousness. ”It’s not funny Wendy come on.”

“No. Does it look like I am joking? I am not going anywhere unless you are taking me to my brothers.” I could tell Baldev was stubborn but so was I. I came here for my brothers and that is who I am going to talk to before anyone else.”

“Fine I will take you to your brothers.” He was lying. I straight up knew he was lying.

“Bring my brothers to me.” I demanded.

“I said I will take you to them.”

“I heard what you said and I am telling you to bring my brothers to me. I am not joking if I find out that you so much as hurt one hair on either of their heads I will burn down your entire village. Now get my brothers!” I yelled and Baldev ran off and went into one of the tents.

When he came out I saw Michael and John and I ran up and hugged all the air out of them.

“I was so worried about you.” I sighed in relief. It was so great just to have them back in my arms.

“Wendy!” They exclaimed. Out of the same tent came a big man with a giant headdress of feathers so I could only assume that he was the chief.

“Thank you for looking after my brothers. You really have no idea how much it means to me.” I was so relieved to see my brothers all in one piece.

“You will rest here for the night then in the morning you will join them in the quest for Tiger Lily.” The chief commanded.

“I know who took your daughter.” I said and the chief crossed his arms and examined me.

“Really? Who dare steal my daughter away from me?”

“Captain James Hook of the Jolly Roger. I have reason to believe that he has stolen her to find out the location of the lost boys hideout. I am expected on the ship tomorrow for reasons I would like to remain secret until further notice. When I am there I can search for Tiger Lily.” I said pretty proud of myself I haven’t spoken that professional since I got here.                               

“Very well Wendy. However, if you fail than you will never see your brothers again. You of all the people on this island should know the importance of family.”