Dance Your Hearts Out (A Nathan Sykes FanFiction) 15

After breakfast, we went to the studio to pick up our paychecks for the week. It was a great feeling to be handed the money you earned on your own, it was an even greater feeling to see how large the number on the check was. I returned to an empty house. The boys were doing a radio interview this morning and then heading to the studio for more recording. Their album was coming out soon and they wanted to be part of the whole editing experience.

For the rest of the day, I just lounged about the house, watched TV, and went online to see what people were saying on practically every social network. All the boys were tweeting from the studio and their pictures made me smile. I began to wonder if this was what Nath felt like when I was gone. Niall had phoned with a massive apology about how the boys would be doing a last minute photo shoot and wouldn't be able to make it to our “early dinner”, so the only thing to do was settle around the house. The silence of the house was getting to me, so I made tea and turned the volume up on the TV. Nothing was really catching my attention, so I went to the bedroom and took a nap just to pass the time…

****

Nathan:

We finished recording early and were just sent home. It was about half past two when Tom and I got back to the house. Well, until I got closer to the bedroom, I heard shuffling and feet moving about the floor. When I opened the door, I found Tori, fully dressed and fixing her hair.

“Hey, you're home,” she said quietly.

“Yeah...and so are you?” I asked, confused and caught off guard.

Tori and I had never really “settled” that argument we had last night. I'm not really sure if we were still mad at each other or not. I like to think that it's really not my fault, it's Niall's.

“Well, I just left to grab breakfast and then picked up my check,” she shrugged, adjusting her earrings.

“With Niall?” I heard myself grumble.

Damn it, that slipped and I spoke before I could think things through.

“With Ty,” she said defensively, “but since you brought him up, I want you to come by the studio after they announce the results,” she said gently, slipping her hand into mine and handing me a ticket for the show.

I assumed she wasn't mad anymore by the way she batted her lashes up at me.

“Sure,” I nodded, kissing her forehead.

By now I didn't want to be fighting with her, I just wanted to make up and be done with all this.

“Great, I'll see you tonight,” she said, pecking my cheek before brushing past me.

She's probably going to the dress rehearsal for the results.

****

Tori:

I'm not really sure why we needed a dress rehearsal for a results show, none of us were really dancing. I found this rehearsal convenient though since I needed to talk to Niall. I found him sitting in his trailer, playing on his phone.

“Hey,” I said casually.

“Hey,” he beamed, motioning to the couch for me to sit.

“Can we talk for a second?” I asked quietly, nervously.

“Sure, what's going on in that pretty head of yours?” he inquired with an adorable smile.

I chuckled.

“Well, you know my boyfriend Nathan, right?” I started.

“Sure, nice bloke,” he shrugged.

“Well, I was wondering if maybe you could talk to him, tell him that there's nothing romantic going on between us. He's been on edge lately with the dinners and the flowers and everything,” I explained, nervously playing with my fingers.

“I'm not sure I can do that, darlin',” he sighed, leaning back in his chair.

“Why?” I questioned, confused.

“I can't do that Tori...because it'd be lying,” he answered slowly.

I was too confused to even reply to that....

****

Dun! Dun! Dun! Haha, comment your thoughts and if you liked, then don't forget to vote <3