Dance Your Hearts Out (A Nathan Sykes FanFiction) 12

Whoo!!! THREE Chapters in ONE Day!! Sadly, this will be the last chapter of the day :( But I'm on an epic writing streak and will continue to add to the story and post ASAP :D

****

Victoria:

Life seemed great at the moment. Niall was killing the competition thanks to his fantastic dancing improvement and very loyal One Direction fans, Nathan and I were still going strong, Tom and I are closer than ever, and I can now say that I’m friends with two amazing boy bands. Niall’s brought Liam and Harry to rehearsals a few times, since they seem to know how to get him to focus and learn, then Zayn’s come by to help when we had the Rumba one week and Louis is just fun company to have. So far Niall has made it through five weeks of dancing. We’re halfway through the competition. Sure, we’ve had a fair share of low scores and then great high scores as well.

It was early one Tuesday morning when I walked into the rehearsal studios. Niall was already there, stretching his arms out.

“Hey there, Tori,” he beamed, turning around.

“Hey,” I smiled as he pulled me into a nice hug.

We warmed up and I worked up his confidence by telling him how great he did Saturday night. I tried not to bring up the Sunday night results when Niall did really well because it usually made him more nervous and less likely to focus when he thought about result shows. I was able to get him excited enough to where he was ready to jump into learning a new dance.

“Well, this week we have the Jive, which demands allot of quick movements, high energy, and jumping.” I said as we sat on the floor.

“You think you could work in letting me do a little Irish dancing?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

I smirked and rolled my eyes.  

Niall has wanted to do a “little Irish jig” in our routines since the second week. I decided that since it was the Jive, we could actually work in his little dance and it would fit in nicely. So, I did a quick run through of the routine with him, which wasn’t so quick actually. Usually, I tried to give Niall a quick run through just so he could have a clue of what we were doing this week. I always started on his frame, hold, and other things after we ran through it. But, sometimes Niall wanted to get the movement perfect before we continued. He got frustrated with himself sometimes which usually called for a break.

We’d started at six in the morning and it wasn’t till noon that we’d managed to finish the run through. I hadn’t even begun to work on him keeping his shoulders down or keeping his hold correctly. Usually the routine would change a bit, little things here and there during the first two days, until I decided on what would go best with the song and the dance. We grabbed a quick lunch at Nandos down the street and then afterwards got back to the studio.

“Okay, so before I work in your little Irish dance…you have to teach me what you know,” I admitted.

“Alright, I’ll show you a little something,” he replied cockily.

So, I played the track we had and Niall immediately jumped in. He held his hands behind his back as his feet flicked on and off the floor as well as in and out. His movements were perfect for the Jive, as if he already knew it. I stopped the music and playfully applauded him.

“Now, I’ll show you,” he smirked, happy for once he was the teacher instead of the student.

He showed me the movements and taught me a few combinations. Niall sounded so intelligent as he explained the moves and the history of it. Allot of people might not know this, but in reality Niall is really smart. He surprised me with his knowledge a few times.