Dance Your Hearts Out (A Nathan Sykes FanFiction) 10

Happy Wanted Wednesday <3

****

Go away, Tom,” I called.

I heard his footsteps move away from the door. I sighed, the moment lost. Nathan lay on his back while I curled up next to him. His fingers stroked my arm. I laid my head on his breastbone, resting my hand on his chest, my leg over his.

“How was recording?” I asked, breaking the calming silence.

He shrugged. “Like usual I guess, longer than necessary and boring,” he said.

“So, basically you had an uneventful day?” I asked.

“Yeah…but on a happier note, a big event is coming up,” he said, smiling down at me.

“Oh, what?” I asked.

He scoffed.

“Your birthday is in a few weeks,” he reminded me.

“Oh, yeah,” I shrugged, lying back down.

“That’s it? You don’t seem too excited about it,” he commented.

“Well, it’s never been that big a deal to me.” I shrugged.

“You’ll be nineteen, it’s a pretty memorable age,” he smirked.

“It’s only memorable because you went to the Playboy mansion for your nineteenth,” I commented.

“That’s beside the point, what do you want for your birthday, name anything it’s yours,” he said, wrapping both his arms around me.

“You sound like my dad,” I chuckled.

“Your dad scares me,” he said.

Nathan had met my family at Veronica’s wedding. My younger sister, Anna, treated him like she would any other boy that I was dating. She asked him questions and looked him over, not having any idea who he really was. Veronica seemed to be more protective and asked him more personal questions, stuff about how much money he makes, how much partying he does, how many girlfriends he’s had, etc. She’d known about Nathan from the tabloids in America, so meeting him in person made her feel a bit more relaxed. She had an excellent judge of character.

My brothers, bless them, gave him the usual “good cop, bad cop, neutral cop” act they did with my past boyfriends. Luke, being the middle brother, played the bad cop. He could easily put on an intimidating act and I knew he made Nathan scared of him by the first look. Ryan played the good cop, saying he was happy to meet Nathan and hoped he would get to spend some time with him. Mason was the neutral. He used his “I’m a real cop” card to at first threaten Nathan, but then laughed it off like it was a joke. My mother, who also was a great judge of character, gave Nathan a welcoming hug and smiled at him. I knew she liked him by the way she smiled at me behind his back. My dad, constantly being all business, gave Nathan a firm handshake and did a neutral act like Mason.

“He scares allot of people, but he’s really nice,” I shrugged.

“No, your brother, Luke scares me,” he said.

“Well…that’s Luke,” I shrugged again.

“So, any birthday wishes, whatever you like, jewelry, clothes…or maybe dinner in Paris?” he suggested wiggling his eyebrow.

“I don’t want anything, thank you,” I said, resting my hand on his neck.

I looked up at him and he looked down at me, smirking.

“Don’t make this hard, Tori, you must want something,” he whined.

“Fine… I’ll think about it and tell you…next week,” I shrugged.