Dance Your Hearts Out (A Nathan Sykes FanFiction) 24

PLEASE READ "AUTHOR'S NOTE" QUESTION AT THE END!!!!

***

I couldn't sleep and it was almost midnight. Tori was sleeping soundly next to me, curled up. She was so adorable when she slept. I checked my calender to see if I had anything really important to do tomorrow. That's when I noticed I had something marked earlier this month and that's when it hit me. Damn it, I'd forgotten all about Tori's birthday. I had planned on taking her out and everything. But, there had been so much going on with the album and Tori dancing and the stuff with Niall... it had completely slipped my mind. Apparently, it had slipped the mind of everyone else as well.

I began freaking out; I was her boyfriend, I was supposed to remember these things! I had to do something, take her out, buy her something. I began planning things. It was Saturday the next morning and I made sure to get up early and...go out and buy breakfast. I was rubbish at cooking fancy things and would probably end up burning myself or setting half the kitchen on fire. I set everything up on the kitchen table, set out roses and made sure to kick any loose shoes under the sofa or toss any clothes in a bin.

“What's all this?” Tom joked, walking into the kitchen in his boxers, “you do something to piss her off?” He chuckled.

“Ay,” I snapped, slapping his hand away from the food, “that's for Tori,” I informed him.

“Well, I'm hungry,” he grunted.

“Eggs are in the fridge, pan is in the cabinet,” I said, attempting to shoo him off.

“What's with all this?” he asked, leaning against the counter, implying the food.

“Did it ever occur to you that we forgot Tori's birthday?” I asked.

His eyes went wide and he groaned.

“Damn it!” he snapped.

“Yeah, exactly,” I smirked.

“Morning, guys,” Tori yawned, slowly walking into the kitchen.

“Morning, Lovely,” Tom said, embracing her more affectionately than usual.

“Morning, baby,” I smiled, pulling her into a kiss.

“What's...what's with all this?” she asked, seeing the breakfast set out.

“A belated gift from Nath and I...we're so sorry about forgetting your birthday,” Tom said.

I glared at him when Tori's back was turned to me.

“No, guys, it's fine...” she said, beginning to shake her head.

“No, we shouldn't have forgotten,” I said, pulling her to sit down.

“Really, this isn't necessary,” she insisted as I poured her a glass of orange juice.

“Tonight, we're getting together and taking you out for a late birthday dinner,” Tom told her.

“Come on, Tom,” she whined.

“No, we're taking you out to dinner,” he stated. “Now, if you'll excuse me I need to make a call,” he added, quickly getting up and dashing to his room.

He's probably sending out a mass text to everyone to go out and buy her a last minute gift and clear their schedules for tonight. Damn, I still needed to get her something.

“Love, today I'll be in the studio for a few hours, but I'll get back as soon as I can and then we can go out for your birthday dinner,” I informed her.

“Thank you, for all of this,” she smiled, leaning over and gently kissing me.

“Anything for you, love,” I smiled, coolly.

Mentally I was panicking. I can't believe I forgot her birthday and just lied to her. The studio was closed up for the today. Thankfully, I thought quickly with that small lie and bought myself a few hours to go out and buy her something she would love. I let her eat while I went to take and a shower and get ready to “go to the studio”.

While the hot water ran down me, soaking my head and body, I thought about what I could possibly get her. Let's see... her dad is the CEO of a major record company in America, so she's probably been given every extravagant gift in the world before she even reached sixteen. She's a dancer, shoes perhaps? I don't know her size. Jewelery? No, too common. She comes from a high class background, but doesn't act like it. I could call Ty and ask what he would suggest. Ugh, what was I going to do?!

****

I feel I should interact with the readers opinions, thoughts, and ideas, so...

What should Nathan get Tori as a belated 19th birthday present? Comment your gift idea(s) below and whoever comes up with the best gift idea, I'll dedicate the next two chapters to them. This will be open for ten days, starting today (August 8th, 2012) and ending August 18th, 2012) Please and thank you :D