Dance Your Hearts Out (A Nathan Sykes FanFiction) 20

The semi-finals were in three days. I used all my free time in getting better. I didn't even go near the other lads. The morning before the semi-finals, I got a haircut, went out and bought some new clothes, shaved, and showered. I spent so long in the bathroom that Tom was bought ready to break the door down to get ready himself.

“It's about bloody time” Tom grumbled, shoving me aside.

I saw Kelsey sitting in the front room, looking very lovely. I guess she was Tom's date for the night. It's not hard to get tickets, I mean as long as you know one of the dancers. I got one from Ty, after explaining my intentions for going to the show. He was wary at first, but soon enough sent me one. I spent longer than usual on just my hair. An hour later than expected, we finally left. Tom had told Kelsey all about our little conversation when I was sick and so she had planned ahead and managed to get us there still early than many others.

We took our front row seats, Tom between Kels and I. They started chattering while I scanned the area for any sign of any of the dancers.

“Oi, I'm gonna go to the loo, watch my phone, babe,” Tom said, handing Kelsey his mobile.

Kelsey instantly unlocked his phone and started messing about with it. I was still looking for any sign of a dancer. More and more people started to fill the empty seats and still no sign of Tori or Ty. Tom eventually came back and got himself settled for the two and a half hours we were going to be here.

****

Tori:

I came rushing out from back stage, quickly scanning the audience for any sight of Tom. I found him in the front row, how convenient. I had just gotten out of costume and was set to be in hair in ten minutes. I hurried over to them, surprised to see Nathan sitting with them.

“Hey, what's the emergency?” I asked.

“What?” he questioned, looking up at me confused.

“I got your text saying there was an emergency, what's up?” I questioned.

He looked just as confused as me.

“Well, since your here, Nathan needs to tell you something,” Kelsey piped in, smiling casually.

I looked at him expectantly.

“Well, I...” he started.

He stood up and pulled me aside to the aisle. He stood close to me and I was instantly nervous at how little the space between us was. He took my hand and began to rub it gently.

“What's wrong?” I asked him quietly.

“When you came over to take care of me, I realized something,” he started, keeping his eyes on my hands, “I can't lose you” he finished.

“Nathan,” I sighed, shaking my head, not wanting to deal with this right now.

“No, you need to hear this,” he interrupted. “I know why I acted the way I did and I know why I was so jealous of Niall.”

“Why?” I asked hesitantly.

“Because I love you,” he answered, stepping even closer and caressing my jaw.

I was so shocked, yet so happy, he loved me...

“I...I love you too” I whispered, feeling tears of joy threatening to escape.

He wore a small smile on his face as he leaned forward and kissed me for the first time in weeks. He kissed me hungrily and I eagerly replied, not even caring that we were standing in the middle of the aisle and probably hundreds of people were staring at us. I could already hear the flashing of photographers cameras. It felt like my hurt burst as his hands slid down to my waist, holding me against his body. I smiled as he playfully bit my lip. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he briefly lifted me up.