chapter 18

• Dedicated to all my fans who supported me all this time!!!

Hello you all!!!!

I want to apologize for not updating for so long!!!!

i know i left waitng so much but my life was and is at a difficult place right now and all the inspiration evaded me...

i still am far fro 100% but i wanted to try and write some more....

i really hope you will be patioent with me and i really want to thank you all for the kind worsds of support you gave me

XXX

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18

“What do you mean by what were we doing upstairs when you came to get us?”

“I mean that when I came upstairs Nicky was totally dazzled and not in a sleepy way, and when she saw me her face became a beautiful red that is common for embarrassment. And don't give me again that stupid story about her falling asleep because the way she reacted was like she had just been caught in the act of a heavy session of making out. I mean that was the look Jane had on her face when mom caught as making out in the attic when we first got together. Not to mention that her lips were totally swollen like she was thoroughly kissed.”

A pillow came flying from the other side of the sofa and landed on Derek's face before he had time to react. Mike was blind, but he was very fast nevertheless. “Don't speak like that about her. What you need to know is that nothing happened upstairs and leave it at that.” Mike said clearly irritated.

“Mike, Derek didn't mean anything he said in a disrespectful way. He doesn't have any manners. That is for sure but we all know that. Look how he speaks for his own wife that supposedly he loves very much.” Jane said soothingly at Mike while looking evilly at Derek's way.

“Hey don't gang up on me. I only said what I witnessed. I didn't mean that Nicky was a bad girl. Quite the opposite. She is very sweet. Mike has never brought us such a sweet well behaved girl. His taste in women has definitely improved. For once I really like his girlfriend.” Derek said.

“First of all Nicky is not my girlfriend. At least not yet.  And what was wrong with my previous girlfriends?” Mike asked offended by his brother's last comment.

“Come on Mike. Most of them were manipulative bitches that were after your money or your fame. They didn't have true feelings for you. Nicky on the other hand looks at you with a hero worship. Not in a creepy way of course. But it is a refreshing change.” Jane replied for Derek.

“I didn't know you felt that way for them.” Mike said his mood deteriorating fast..

“Whenever we tried to tell you something, you thought we were just overprotective, so we stopped trying since you eventually realized what they were really after. You are a very smart man and you see things for what they are when your overenthusiasm fades.  It was tough though seeing you heartbroken each time.” Jane said while going to sit beside Mike and soon she was hugging him, comforting him.

“And he gets my girl once more. How does he do that? Can someone tell me please? Hey baby I am here too. How about you give me a hug too?” Derek pouted.