chapter 6

hey everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks you all for supporting my story

Lets see if she actually got in to his house.....

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 6

“I really did not mean any harm and I am not going to do that again. I hope I did not disturb your family in some way. I know your wife noticed me walking so close to you when you reached your place. Can you forgive me?”

“I will if you do two things for me.”

“What?” She said suspiciously.

“Nothing that should make you worry. Your body's sudden stiffness betrays your emotions cupcake. Relax. We reached my place and I wanted you to come in and have lunch with me. It will give us enough time for you to tell me all the reasons you imagined that I come to your café everyday. I really want to know.”

Nicky wondered if she should accept his offer. She did not really know him even though her gut feeling was that she could trust him. Going into the house of a man she had met yesterday seemed like a big risk. Even if he was blind, he was still a man and a very powerful man at that. He did not seem threatening though and they would probably not be alone in there. His wife was likely there waiting for him, so the risk for her was even less. Plus she did not want to insult him and make him mad. Even if he had said that he would not turn her in to the cops for stalking him, if he got mad, perhaps he would change his mind. All those thoughts passed simultaneously from Nicky's mind and brought her to a final decision.

“I will come inside with you. Only for a while. If your wife does not mind that is.” She said. They had reached his place by now. Nicky was so anxious to explain herself that she had not realised that they were walking toward his place.

“Come in!” He said and opened the door for her. He was waiting by the door, and as she passed in front of him, for the first time got very close to him. His body heat scorched her body and her heart beat was erratic again. For the life of her, she could not explain her reaction to him.

As she entered his home he admired how everything looked beautifully arranged and in place. She guessed that his wife kept the house like this so that he would know where everything was situated. Her suspicion was confirmed when he folded his cane and started moving around his house as if he had a perfect eye sight.

“The kitchen is this way” He said and headed to beautiful and perfect organised kitchen.

“What would you like to eat?” He asked her.

“You are going to cook for me?” She asked incredulously.

“I enjoy cooking very much but I refrain from doing it when I am alone at home so that I don't burn the place down. But whenever I have company I snatch at the opportunity to make good use of my kitchen. So tell me what would you like. I don't want to influence you but my spaghetti carbonara kicks ass.” He smiled at her direction.

“I am not picky about my food. Whatever you cook I'll eat it don't worry.”

“That's great!!! Lets begin I might need a little help” He was like a little kid that was let loose in a playground after months of staying at home without any toys. He filled the water boiler and turned it on and went to the cupboards to find the pasta.