chapter 4

Hello everybody.

I know this chapter is not very big but i really did not have more time to write more

i ll try to udate as soon as possible

Thanks again to all of you for reading this story!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

The next morning Nicky woke up on time this time, got ready and left for work. She waited at the bus stop and when the bus came she entered and saluted Martha.

"Good morning Martha! How are you today?"

"I am fine honey. How are you? You were on time today I see." She winked at Nicky

"Yes I slept peacefully for a change yesterday. Apparently my neighbours chose to go and have fun somewhere else last night. It was heaven for me!"

Martha giggled at the look of pure bliss in Nicky's eyes.

"You really do enjoy the small pleasures of life."

"Sleeping is not a small pleasure I tell you. Try to go without, a couple days and then you will appreciate each and every second of peaceful dreams you might have."

"They most be really something, these neighbours of yours. But enough about them, tell me about your first day yesterday. Did everything go well"

"Oh yes it was great. We had plenty of customers and it was pretty tiring but I did not mind. I made a lot of tips and it was worth it. Being unemployed even for a few days, has set me back financially for this month"

"I am glad for you Nicky. You are obviously a hard working girl and you deserve all the money you are making. Was your boss satisfied by your work?"

"I think he was pretty satisfied. He did not tell me anything, but all the customers I served left happily and saluted me on their way out. My boss noted that and he did not complain to me about anything. Usually bosses are a little reluctant to compliment you but they are very eager to complain when they see something they don't like. So in my case no news are good news."

"You are right about that honey! You are a very smart girl and you look pretty young, how come you are not in school studying?"

"Well I am not that young, and I could never afford something more than high school. Not that I complain, I like my job. I am not kind to my customers for bigger tips like the waitresses usually do. I actually like making their life just a little bit better by giving them a genuine smile. It might be nothing important for some but it might make all the difference in someone's day."

"I don't know if you are a good waitress but you sure are a good person Nicky. I hope everything turns out well for you." Martha told her honestly and Nicky looked at her feet a little embarrassed.

"Thanks you Martha"

"There is nothing to thank me for honey. We are coming to your stop, get ready"

"Oh thank you so much with our talk I totally forgot to look where we were. I get carried away some times."

"You are welcome sweety have a nice day."

"Have a nice day too. Bye bye!"

Nicky went to the cafe, wore her apron and started serving the people in her tables. When she found a little time she chatted with June, Mary and Sasha. They were funny and made Nicky feel young. It was the first time after high school that she spend some time with girls her age. She found out that all of them had boyfriends and she felt a little bit jealous that she was the only one without a relationship, without anyone in her life in general. When they asked her if she had a boyfriend she felt a little bit awkward and ended up lying.

"So Nicky do you have a boyfriend?" June had asked her. Nicky knew that she did not mean to pry, it was just part of the whole conversation.

"No, not now. I broke up from my boyfriend a few months ago." She lied. She did not want to admit that she never had a boyfriend.

"Oh I am sorry I did not mean to bring back bad memories." June said feeling guilty for being the one to have asked.

"No don't worry about it. We both realised that we were not fit for each other and decided to break up. The truth is we did not have a lot in common."

"So it was a regular case of lust?" Sasha was the one to ask.

"Something like that" Nicky replied and wondered if that was what she was experiencing with Mike. She had never felt that way before for someone else. It was like her body reacted to him without asking permission of her mind. It was a confusing feeling that got even more confusing when she woke up with memories of an erotic dream in which Mike was starring. She never had dreams like that before and her good mood today was partially due to the satisfaction she had gained from the remembrance of that dream.

As if magically appearing from her thoughts Mike entered the cafe and headed towards them. Nicky tensed guiltily for thinking like that of a customer. It was highly unprofessional, and she really needed this job. She did not want to give her boss a reason to rethink his hiring her. She did not speak as he approached. At that moment all of the girls happened to be around the counter so Mary was the one to speak first.

"Hello Mike. How are you today? Did you have a nice walk here?"

"Hey how do you know I am walking here? You are not following me from home or something are you?" He said on purpose and Nicky started to panic. Had he realised that she had followed him home the previous day? Her stomach started doing flip flops and felt like throwing up.

"Don't worry Mike, you might be a real eye candy but we are having our fill while you are here, so you don't have to worry about us following you home. We always see you coming here on foot, never with a cub or a bus from the bus stop outside the cafe, so we assumed you live near by." Mary replied to him.

"Excellent deductive skills girls you should be detectives every afternoon when you leave this place." He said seductively.

"Come on let me get your charming ass to a table before you get me in trouble with my boyfriend." Mike laughed throatily at her comment.

"Would it be too much to ask to be sited in a table near the one I was sitting yesterday? I liked it there"

"Of course you can. We can't say no to our best customer. Nicky take Mike to one of your tables." Mike turned towards Nicky even though she had not spoken a word. Nicky wondered how he knew that she was there. She had read in one of her books that blind men had heighten the rest of their senses. Could he sense her presence in some way? Hear the way she moved or smell the way she smelled. If he did, did that mean that he knew she had followed him home the previous day? Would he tell on her? All those questions flew like ghosts in her mind and haunted her. Her panicky feeling was getting more and more intense and her heart beat was elevating by the second.

"I will lead you to your table Mike. Here take my arm." She took his arm and placed it in the crook of her own to lead him easily to an empty table on her area.

Mike felt her sweaty palms and her elevated pulse that thrummed on the crook oh her arm and smirked. She had probably picked up on his hints and was wondering if he knew she had followed him. He wondered if she would come clean but he did not want to scare her, so he did not comment any further. He sat on the table she appointed him to and ordered his usual.

Nicky took quickly his order to June wondering if she should tell him something about the previous day. The idea of him considering her a stalker bothered her. If she explained things to him maybe he would understand why she did it, even if she did not understand it herself. By the time his order was ready to be delivered she had made her decision. She approached him placed his coffee and food to his table and said.

"Mike....

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked it!!!

XXXX