chapter 12

hello sweeties

i just wanted to thank you for the awsome messages you've been sending me!!!

sorry it took a little more than usual.... so here it is

=================================================================================

edited by OhPapiHarder

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12

The next few days passed by in a blur, with Mike going to the café every day as usual and Nicky always being his personal special waitress. After the first couple of days the rest of the girls in the café didn’t bother to ask Mike where he wanted to sit, they just let him stay to the counter for a few minutes, chattering with him, until Nicky was available to come and get him to one of her tables. There was no question anymore about where he wanted to sit. After he left every day they teased playfully Nicky about the preference that he showed to her and for the fact that he always made sure to engage her in a few minutes conversation. Nicky tried as much as she could to be nonchalant about it.

“You are all absurd and just love to tease me to death. I am not going to give you more ammunition. He has already told you that he merely likes to sit in the middle of the café. I am positive, he was sitting there before I ever came through this door. I am just an easy target for you.” She kept answering to them, considering that was the best way to deal with this, was to deny everything. At least at work. Because at home the situation changed altogether. She couldn’t keep herself from constantly thinking about him. It was exhausting. By the time Thursday came she was a nervous wreck.

On Thursday morning Mike called her to tell her that his sister in law was going to give her a call for more detailed description of where her house was. They were going to come by and get her earlier than she expected, because as he confided to her, his nieces had called him the previous night and had asked him to go prepare lunch with them. He admitted that he couldn’t deny them anything, so they would get to go a few hours earlier there than planned.

“Do you mind if we come around eleven to get you? I know this is your day off and you probably have arranged some other things too.” He told her. “If it is too much of an inconvenience we will come back later and get you.”

“No of course, you are not going to come later and get me. Your sister in law has too much to do already. I would never dare to make her get out twice so that she can come and get me. You can go with her and just give me her address. I am sure there is some bus going that way. I’ll take it and be there around 4 or 5. Whatever is more convenient for you.”

“Nonsense. Whenever you finish with your chores, we’ll come and get you. Just give Jane some directions when she is going to call you in a little bit. Bye Cupcake.”

“NO NO! Please don’t hang up Mike.”

“Why I am pretty sure our discussion is over.” He said, his voice full of humor.

“Please, don’t make her come afterwards. I’ll go with you around eleven.”

“Cupcake I don’t want you to change your whole program for us. It really is not a big deal for us to come and get you a little later.”

“Mike, there is nothing grand I have to do, that you are disturbing. I am an early riser and I already have cleaned the house. I was about to go grocery shopping and bake a cake to bring for dinner later.”

“Then why did you choose to come by yourself in the afternoon?”

“I didn’t want to intrude on your special time with the twins. You were kind enough to invite me for dinner. I didn’t want to impose myself on lunch too.”