chapter 5

Hello sweeties 

i am sorry for the late update...... i ll try to make it once a week.... at least...

Hope you like it

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5

Nicky took quickly his order to June wondering if she should tell him something about the previous day. The idea of him considering her a stalker bothered her. If she explained things to him maybe he would understand why she did it, even if she did not understand it herself. By the time his order was ready to be delivered she had made her decision. She approached him placed his coffee and food to his table and said.

“Mike.....”

“What is it cupcake?” He told her smiling, wanting her to calm down. He felt her anxiety and nervousness radiating from her body in great waves.

“I need to tell you something.” As soon as she said that her boss called for her that he needed her. Nicky bit her lip not wanting to leave before she got a chance to explain herself to Mike.

“Go to him Nicky, see what he wants, we can talk when you get off work. I don't want you to get in any trouble over me.” He told her reassuringly and Nicky left and went to her boss.

“Nicky, how are you handling our crowd? Is everything OK?”

“Yes sir, everything is fine. This is more work than usual but I am sure I will be fine. All the other girls are very friendly and cooperative and that makes my job so much easier.”

“So do you think you can handle more hours of work here. More than your normal schedule?”

“Yes sir, I told you when you hired me I need to work some extra hours to make ends meet. I have done it for the past three years in my previous job. I am sure I can pull it of here too.”

“OK then can you start tomorrow with one more hour of work. I really need you to work two more hours per day, but lets take it slow. If you do fine with one hour this week we will proceed with two hours next week.”

“That sounds great! Thanks you sir!”

She went back to work happy that things turned out well and worried at the same time about Mike. He did not sound surprised that she wanted to talk to him, which supported her suspicion that he knew she had followed him the previous day. She had to explain herself and plead to him that he did not mention what happened to her boss. She did not want to loose her job over stalking a client. That would not sound good at all in a search of a new job. Nowadays everybody asked for references even for a job as a waitress.

She went back to work stealing glances at Mike from time to time. He was once again sitting alone on his table doing nothing except rarely making some notes in his special device. His facial expression was changing from time to time, and Nicky could not figure out what it was depending on. The hour to get off work came tortuously slow in contrast to the previous day. She watched the minutes pass unnaturally slow, especially for someone working as much as she did. Finally the much wanted time came and she went to Mike's table to inform him of her impeding departure.

“Mike I will be finishing work in ten minutes.”

“OK.” He took of his wallet and paid for his order. Once more he had included a large tip. That gave Nicky some courage that he was not mad at her. “I will be waiting for you in the next block outside of the flower shop, is that OK?”