Chapter 26: The Waywarded Revenge

Harleen pants heavily as she is dragged across the bloodbath of halls in the Asylum. Left and right, dead bodies of patients and staff are scattered across the floors, drowning in their own blood.

As she looked up she could see the ones carrying her, all wearing peculiar masks. One wore a shark's mask, and another was wearing a clown's.

Harleen was confused, until she finally remembered. She's being dragged to her death. She started screaming, "Let me go! Let me go!".

Eventually gaining leverage on her feet, she kicked the two thugs away from her. Harleen looked around and started running.

The Joker saw her escape and ordered his men, "Go. Find her, and bring her to me. Oh, and do have fun." The thugs laughed and ran after the doctor. Harleen was racing across the corridors, "which way?! Goddamit, which way?!"

She felt as if she was stuck in a maze. She worked at the asylum for months and yet, she still didn't memorize the area.

Eventually, she reached Dr. Harker's office. She went inside and locked the door, pushing the desk to the entrance to block it. She looked around for a weapon, But was shocked to see her colleague, Dr. Harker, dead and mutilated on the floor.

Harleen tried to contain her screams and instead ignored it. She finally gained a weapon short-after, a novelty pitchfork hanging on the wall.

Harleen could hear the faint laughter of Joker's henchmen, getting louder and louder by the second. Until silence fell upon the room, a needle would be heard if it were to fall.

For five long seconds, nothing was heard. Until, a loud THUD! Opened the door completely and the henchmen and their faces entered the room laughing. "HAHAHA!", Harleen tried to fight them off.

She stabbed one thug on his face, killing him instantly, but the pitchfork got stuck and Harleen was forced to let go of it.

One thug charged in and grabbed Harleen, embracing her in his criminal arms. The thug giggled "You, are our gift to the boss.". Harleen started crying "I'm no gift!" Another thug then grabbed his club and hit Harleen in the head. Causing her to have a concussion, but still conscious.

They carried her almost lifeless body to the electroshock therapy room. Harleen then woke up, strapped to the medical chair.

Belts on her wrist, knees and waist. She tried to break loose, struggling and moving off the chair like a madman.

Scanning her surroundings, she found out she was in the same room she used to treat Joker with electricity.

The clown then emerged from the shadows, "Familiar? With the place? Brings you back doesn't it?" Harleen started murmuring "Please, I helped you. I don't deserve this."

The Joker laughed as he heard her pleas, "Oh, my dear. You, never did much good. Well let's see, you tortured me, you locked me up, and uh.. what else?" Joker looked at the doctor and leaned in on her.

"You.. erased my precious memories!" Harleen started shaking in fear. The Joker started to chuckle "Sure, you gave me puddin', gifts, teeth. Freedom. But you, also gave me a more sinister drive, for madness."

Harleen started to become curious, "So what? You're just gonna push all the things I gave you away? And kill me?" Joker laughed "Oh darling, no. no. I'm not gonna kill you, that would be mercy. I am going to make you suffer, I am going to pleasure you, with pain."

He grabbed the makeshift jumper cables he connected to the generator, "You, threw me in a deeper hole of insanity. All my past, blurred. Well, doctor. Your eyes may have the same problem, but now. It's time for you to feel, what I felt."