Chapter 5: The Scarring Prison

You wanna know how dark and twisted Gotham was? It was so corrupt that they didn't care to put a minor in jail, nowadays they needed to be eigtheen years old and above.

But in Gotham's glory days, as long as you have committed a serious crime or offense you're going to Gotham City Jail, before it became the now called BlackGate Prison.

Jack was one of those unlucky minors, he didn't win the case, of course, he knew he wouldn't too. He didn't have financial support from his father, and every friend basically turned him down, Fredrick didn't even arrive at Jack's trial.

Although, he was lucky to be put only in prison rather than to be declared as insane and put into Arkham Asylum.

He was disappointed but not surprised, he knew he would have to live his life here somehow. First day in prison came and eyes are stuck on him, a rich boy left to rot with the city's wildest people.

Jack was scared, who wouldn't be? He was sharing a cell with another inmate though, Rocko, an Italian thug who was working for various mob bosses to support his family until he was finally caught by GCPD.

Jack entered his new cell as Rocko spoke to his new cellmate "Hey kid, whatcha in here for?" Jack simply stared at Rocko, silent as he does it. Rocko chuckles "Oh so you're one of those silent types huh? name's Rocko." Jack looked at him again and just simply went about and fixed his bed.

Rocko gave up trying to converse and lied down "Well, fine by me if you don-" Jack then replied quickly, butting in on Rocko's rant "Jack, my name is Jack." Rocko quickly got up and spoke.

"Jack? Jack Napier? You're the one who's killed his own mother right? Hailee Napier was it?" Jack quickly turned and pushed Rocko towards the wall, choking him with his elbow "Careful. I didn't kill anyone, understand?" Rocko surrendered "Okay, okay, relax kid. I'm no threat."

Jack took his arm off Rocko's neck "I'm sorry." Rocko fixed himself "No it's fine, it's hard to lose family. But be careful kid, not everyone in here is in favor of a young blood raising fists." Jack lied down on his bed and slept.

A few hours flew by and the bell rang, it was lunch time for the inmates, the first ever lunch Jack will experience inside Gotham City Prison.

All the inmates lined up for a bowl of mushroom soup and a glass of water, most weren't satisfied with the soup but they don't have much choice, it was eat or die. Jack was distinguishable among the inmates, a young boy, smaller than most considering his thin body, he was obvious to be the weakest among them, at least at first glance.

He looked in disgust as he saw his meal, he whispered to himself "what the fuck is this?" the guard heard him however and approached the young inmate.

"That, dickstick, is your lunch. Now either you be thankful, or shut the fuck up!" Jack was scared, but needed to act though. He breathed deeply and whispered a reply "Well then thank you, you piece of shit."

The guard came close to Jack's face hopefully to intimidate him "What did you say? Say it again to my ear real loud, come on." Jack leaned in closer to the guard's ear "Thank you." the guard chuckled "Alrig-" Jack continued, finishing his sentence "You fucking piece of shit."

The guard leaned back and punched Jack in the stomach, restrained him on the ground and said "You just harassed a staff member, boy." Jack laughed as he was beaten up, the guard pulled him up and asked the teen "What's so funny?" Jack looks at the guard "Oh nothing. Truth hurts huh?"

He was then dragged back to his cell and stayed there for the remaining minutes of his lunch break. Jack was in the corner, sitting down and staring at the blank wall.