Chapter 25: The Fun House

"Dear Diary, each and every day in Arkham is a struggle. By trying to help these poor heathens, I too slowly fall into their madness. They are simply misunderstood. These people went through a great suffering. No one must ever deserve this. Especially one patient. The Clown in our walls, the criminal jester in Gotham's Kingdom, The Joker."

Harleen continued to write on her diary. Childish as it may be, she saw it as a way to express her thoughts and emotions without ever having to worry about other people's prejudice. Only her.

In her cloud of imagination and fantasy, she wrote every secret, every small thing that pops in her head. All in one book.

She longed for another session with Joker, she wanted to know more. No, needed to know more. She wanted to understand every little detail about the criminal, every secret, thought, and action.

Mid- winter came about in Gotham, and many were again delighted by the Holiday spirit. The lucky souls who get to spend time with special people on a special day.

Though, Arkham Asylum did think of their own celebration. But it can not be considered to be possessed by a jolly spirit.

One faithful night near Christmas, the guards of Arkham all went in separated cells of various patients. Waiting outside their cell doors.

Many of the patients were confused, wondering what business the staff has to do and why they were widespread.

Suddenly, the PA system of the Asylum began to broadcast a merry tune. "Jingle bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock-" As the song started, all the guards went inside their separate cells and pulled out their tasers and batons. Torturing and senselessly beating the patients.

Though out of all the inmates, only one had the most guards readied at his gate. The Joker himself.

Ten guards entered his cell. He was just there, in his straitjacket, waiting. He smiled and looked at the guards "Well. What are you waiting for?"

Two guards then charged at the clown, electrocuting him as he fell on the floor. Shaking due to the amount of volts in his body.

But Joker did not see this pain as his downfall, he was laughing "HAHAHA!" he liked the torture. They stopped and looked at the sicked up clown, Joker looked up once more.

"That's all you got? Pussies." The guards were enraged, no one held back. The whole lot, went in and tortured the poor soul. He received bruises, cuts, burns and more.

The Joker was not fighting back, he didn't think of hardening his state and took revenge on his assailants. He practically was shrugging the pain off with laughter.

Doctor Harleen then checked in on the Asylum, starting her shift. She heard the Christmas jingle and thought it was cute, "aww, well maybe that could help the patients feel a little bit of happiness." she became deaf to the screams and cries of the patients tortured in the building.

She walked around the halls, and then heard a boisterous laughter. She knew only one man would laugh that hard, and she noticed grunts and hard swings from a distance.

She looked closer "Is that?-" she then saw blood spilling out of Joker's cell. She dropped her bag and shouted "Hey!" Harleen ran towards Joker's cell and saw her favorite patient. Bleeding to death.

She pushed all the guards away "What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" One of the guards spoke out. "It's Christmas doc, we were trying to have fun."

Harleen raised the Joker and tried to lay his head on her lap "Hey, can you still breathe? Conscious?" The Joker smiled and looked at her "He's right, we were having fun. So much fun." and knocked out due to his injuries and fatigue.