Chapter 8

I walked off the platform and smirked at Libbie. Hannah, Aimee, and Kaylee ran over to me telling me how good I was and how I blew everyone away.

"Omg! That was fantastic!" Kaylee yelled over the sound of the music blasting from the speakers.

"Totally epic!" I think that was Hannah

"You were incredible" someone whispered in my ear.

Now, I didn't see Kaylee, Hannah, or Aimee. They had magically disappeared.

I spun around to see who it was.

Him.

"What do you want?" I said, sourly

"Dance with me?"

"Haha" I looked at his face "Shit, you were serious"

"Dance with me" it wasn't a question but a command.

"No"

"Tori"

"It's Victoria to you" He sighed.

"Victoria" he corrected "Please, dance with me?"

I looked over to the corner where super slag and her gang of strippers were and saw them looking our way. Time to have a little revenge of my own.

I gave Eddie one of my best smiles and took hold of his wrist and led him to the dance floor. At that moment 'Wild Ones' by Flo Rida burst through the speakers and suddenly everyone was dancing like they didn't have a care in the world.

I turned my back to Eddie and made eye contact with Libbie as I did my sexiest dance, getting up close and personal with Eddie. She shot me daggers as I threw my arms around Eddie's neck, pressing our bodies closer together. I looked over my shoulder to see that Libbie wasn't where she was sitting but instead she stood on stage, talking to my mother. The music stopped after a moment and Libbie stood centre stage.

"And now" mother said into the microphone "we have Libbie Lester, give a round of applause!"

There was a few claps but not as many as I expected as the music began and she held the microphone to her mouth.

' I hate to break it to you

But you're just a lonely star

I try to bring you down but

Our level isn't good enough'

She croaked the words to 'Bite My Tongue' by You Me At Six

'You always do as you believe so

I'm gonna follow suit

And take a seat

I'll watch you fall apart'

She was terrible to say the least!

Only did I know, that it would get worse.

When it came to the end of the song she started yelling the lyrics, screaming and belting them out at the top of her voice like someone from Black Veil Brides. It was scary and many people had their fingers in their ears.

By the end of the song, half of the room had fled, and the other half had bleeding ears.

"Thank you" mother said "That was.. interesting" Libbie smiled and walked the few steps down the stage.

"You're amazing!" I shouted across the room which made numerous people laugh. She just gave me a death glare.

"Tori!" Kaylee said, running up to me

"Yeah?" She handed me her phone and pressed play only to show Libbie singing/howling. "Priceless!" I laughed.

"Great, isn't it? I'm sure the whole school will think so too when it's on the school's TVs. Every single one of them around the school will have the most talented airhead on, singing like a professional" I high-fived her before leaving the hall and heading back.

"Hey, Victoria!" someone called

Great.

"What do you want Eddie?"

"That dancing back there, it was.."

"Listen" I dragged him around the corner, motioning for Kaylee to stay where she was, and pinned him to a wall "It didn't mean anything. It was a dance, nothing more, nothing less so forget about it and move on"

"But-"

"Your a player. I'm a player. Shit like dates will never work. Me and you" I pointed to the both of us "will never work so quit while you can"

"Victoria-"

"I. Do. Not. Date. Got it? I don't fall in love, I don't have all this 'summer romance' shit, and I certainly do not commit. That's exactly how you get your heart broken, I should know"

"What?"

"Nothing. Just leave me alone" I stomped off and left him there, trying to figure out the meaning behind my words.

Good luck, buddy.

"What was that all about?" Kaylee asked

"Nothing, absolutely nothing".