Chapter 3

I flicked through the paperwork I have been given, after looking at a few pages, I had found a small cream cardboard letter with the school's logo and 'Your block is: B' 'Your room is: 03'.

There were 5 concrete blocks that apparently were the 'dorms' of the school. I'd prefer the word 'cells'.

Walking up the ramp, I analyzed the signs on the walls reading 'Dorms 01-14' pointing straight down the hall and 'Dorms 15-29' pointing upwards, directing students up the stairway.

I pretty much stomped down the hall, annoyed at the sight of this place, stopping outside a wooden door with '03' screwed onto the top half of it.

I knocked on the door but with no answer, figured it was empty.

So maybe I wouldn't have a bitchy room mate after all.

The room was decent, considering the outside. The minute I walked in the first thing I noticed was the 2 double beds, headboards against the walls. One bed was made with light pink bedding and a hot pink throw. The other was unmade but the duvet and pillow folded up at the top end.

The beds were a decent size, although small compared to my king size bed at home. Each bed came with a bedside table on the side. They were a lovely oak, which surprised me considering the amount of rooms that must be here, I'd imagine a budget and not one big enough for oak furniture. Two, large wardrobes stood at each bottom of the beds, the same wood as the two desks and bedside tables. On a corner of each desk stood an Apple, Mac Book and in front a leather spinny chair.

The walls were a bright, pastel blue, complimenting the cream, fluffy carpet with a smooth pale rug to match the walls.

There was an en-suite through a wooden door in the center of the room. This contained a marble sink, toilet, and corner shower with a power-shower head; looking tempting and relaxing. The floor was marble black and white, like the rest of the room, with white rugs and towels, mostly around the small but cute bath.

As I walked back into the bedroom, the other absence I noticed, was my cases.

I'd inspected the surprisingly charming room so I thought I might as well go for a walk, I have nothing better to do without all my bloody things!

I wondered across the hall, hmm, where can I go?

As soon as I walked out the door I saw a shy looking girl walking out of her dorm.

"Hi, I'm Kaylee Harrington," she said quietly, fiddling with the notebook she was carrying. "I heard there was a new person going to be living across the hall from me, I heard you knock. Don't worry, Libbie isn't in, which is good for your sake"

Perfect. An apparent bitchy roommate.

"Victoria Williams," I replied smiling, ignoring her dig at my roommate. She seemed nice and after all, I will need one friend, at least here.

When I said Williams her mouth dropped, obviously realizing my mum is the head.

I guessed I would get this a lot here, might as well change my name! I don't understand why people make the connection so easily, Williams is a popular name but somehow they always do.

I nodded before she asked, I might as well be a little helpful.

She had short, light brown, mousey hair, which had been curled with the little strands that fall in her face, pinned back with plain grips. She had emerald eyes with flakes of hazel in them. Her outfit was simple, light blue, skin-tight jeans, plain top with a thick woolly cardigan over. A bag flung over her shoulders and blue Vans on her feet. No make up, I noticed.