Chapter 4

Once I had unpacked my cases I had to attend my first class. Walking out of the door I threw one last look of disgust at Libbie's possessions and left to meet Kaylee at the end of the corridor. She was now dressed in a black tank top with a cropped pineapple top, black leggings, and some pink trainers.

"P.E. first," she sulked as I arrived, her bottom lip almost touching the floor.

"Unlucky," I hated P.E., it was easily hell on Earth. I mean, I never usually take part in P.E. but from the four times that I have I know it's awful and could easily be classed as torture.

"Anyway, forgetting about P.E. What's your first lesson here?" she asked,

"Geography," I replied, rolling my eyes. Another subject I disliked.

"It's on my way, I'll take you," she said as she started walking off. I quickly followed her and after going down a couple of corridors she stopped. "Have a great hour," and off she went.

Looking above the door I saw a sign saying 'Humanities department', yup this was it. Looking inside I saw the front row full of people all sitting patiently waiting for the bell to go off, which signified the beginning of the lesson. They waited with their textbooks open and eyes fixed on the whiteboard. Great, the goody-goody type. Walking into the door I was greeted by the strong smell of coffee and sweaty socks, not pleasant.

"What do you want?" asked the teacher, he was old, maybe 55. With grey hair that resembled twine and a beard with bits of sandwich in it. Great.

"I'm new and this is my first class," I replied, already looking bored as I stared at my perfectly manicured nails.

"Ah, so you are," he said, going over to his desk, peering over his spectacles and searching through some papers, "Take a seat next to Mr. Lawson."

I stared at the class and soon found someone doing a 'cool' wave at me to signify where I had to sit. It was one of the boys Kaylee was talking about earlier, what was his name again?!

I walked over to the empty seat, already receiving filthy looks from the girls who were clearly 'in love' with Mr. Lawson.

"Eddie," said Mr. Lawson, clearly a boy of few words. I could feel his eyes staring at me, they were almost burning a hole in my cheek.

"Victoria," I replied, making sure my eyes stayed focus on the front of the room.

That's a tip for you, play hard to get. This boy may be single, in a relationship, or even married but he's showing interest in me and I am not making it easy for him.

After about fifteen minutes of listening to Mr. Grumpy-Geography man going on about Brazil, rainforests, capital cities, and other useless things. I decided I was bored, so I got my phone out and started scrolling through social media apps.

"Excuse me? Am I boring you?" Mr. Grumpy-Geography man asked.

"Yes, thank you for noticing" I replied, not looking up from my phone, "Anyway, now that you're here, when does this lesson end? I have things to do."

"I will not have students speak that way to me! You are here to learn and I am here to provide an education for all of you. Now you may be new but trust me, I won't go easy on you. You're a student and I'm a teacher and if you have a problem with that go and visit the head!" He bellowed.

"Nice lecture, but next time check up on your students. Take a look at your register," he gasped, but nevertheless looked at the sheet of paper.

The class was staring at me, mouths open.

"Ms. Williams, I will be sure to tell your mother about your little outburst. You don't scare me young lady, your mother could be the Queen of England for all I care. You're a student and I'm a teacher, however I will be seeing you for detention tomorrow. Now, shut up, sit back, and do your work."

I admire him, he's the first person who that hasn't worked on. Normally people hear who my mother is and treat me like a princess, hmm. I'll win the teachers in this prison.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies," I said, turning to face Eddie, his mouth wide open.

"Your mother..?" he asked, confused and tilting his handsome face to the side.

"Is the headmistress."

His beautiful eyes, sea-green with a tint of blue, widened as he discovered this.

The teachers may not be on my side yet, however the students seem oh so naive.

This will be fun.