Chapter 42

A/N this chapter isn't as long as the others because I'm in a rush because I have to get everything ready because it's school tomorrow so hopefully you'll still enjoy it!

I updated today because I'm aware that it's someones birthday so happy birthday to erika305, we hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the chapter.

Dedicated to: erika305 as a birthday present.

Enjoy!

-Lia x

_______________________________________________________________________________

The next few days I did nothing but walk around and notice things. Simple things that I walk past every single day and not notice, all this was in hopes I'd be distracted from Eddie, but I wasn't. Every little thing reminded me of him. Walking down to where I first lay eyes on Edward Lawson, I remember it like yesterday, sitting down with 'Kaylee' who at first I thought was the nicest person at this school; I remember her telling me to be careful of Edward. He was running around, playing football. Adored by the populars, yet hated by the normals. Everything changed now though. It seems that there is no difference between the populars or the normals. Everyone just moseyed around. No one really knew what was going on. If they did, they didn't talk about it. No one dare mention Eddie. I cry every time. I can't help it. I love Eddie but he deserves someone much better than me. He deserves someone who can treat him like the prince that he is instead of someone who brings everyone down because she is selfish.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, my thoughts were interrupted, by mother hurrying towards me in a panic.

"Tori, come quick get in the car, we're going to the hospital," she said, she was panicking, which was odd, I don't really remember ever seeing my mum panic.

"Why? What's happened?" I asked, standing up immediately, my heart filling with worry,

"Eddie has come around, but he keeps telling people he wants to die, when he can get off his ward by himself no one knows what he will do, I need you to talk some sense into him,"

"I can't, I'll only make his life worse, Robbie should go, after all he is his brother,"

"Robbie isn't in a stable state, please Victoria,"

"Fine."

I climbed into the car and got out of my back pocket a picture. A picture of Eddie and I. I have the photo printed out loads in my dorm, just like all the others but on the back of this one I had written I love you. I don't remember when I wrote them three words, but I do know that I meant it. It was the truest phrase I had ever said.

Pulling up at the hospital, I sat there in the car still, staring into the air.

"I know this is hard, but please you two were made for each other," said my mother. I didn't say thank you or anything because it isn't what I wanted to hear, however it did give me motivation to get out of the car. I couldn't let Eddie die.

Walking into his ward he was staring out of the window, I wasn't quite sure what he was staring at, all there was across from the hospital was a block of expensive apartments that all the posh business people had.

"I heard everything you said," he said, he knew I was stood there, he didn't turn to look at me. I silently walked over the chair next to his bed. I didn't have long to talk to him, the nurses would be coming around soon to give him more medication.

"You didn't get me shot." This was when he looked at me. For the first time in days we looked each other in the eye. I missed staring into his eyes. His deep eyes. Eddie's eyes tell a story but they also hide a story.