Chapter 19

[Zach's POV]

[Zach's POV]

I tried to focus on the half finished essay laying in front of me, but my mind time after time again found its way back to you one way or another. Your swollen and bloodshot eyes, the way your bottom lip trembled when you tried to suppress a cry from slipping out.

A sudden knock on the door made me come back to reality and I jumped up from my seat by my desk.

I quickly rushed over to the front door assuming it was just you who stood outside, wanting to forget everything over a 'How I Met Your Mother' marathon.

I swung the door open and a frown appeared on my features when I saw the person I never would've expected to see on my doorstep. I quickly tried to push the door closed, but his foot shot out and prevented me from doing so.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked as I glared at him through the small gap.

Connor pried his hand in through the gap and forced the door open as Brad appeared next to him. "Hear him out, please" he said, his expression displaying outmost sincerity.

I hesitated as my face flickered from Connor to Brad. "Why should I listen to you? You broke [Y/N]'s heart and toyed around with her" I countered suspiciously.

Brad looked saddened by my words and he raked a hand through his brown curls as his brown eyes flickered back and forth as if he was nervous. What did he have to be nervous for?

"I never wanted to hurt [Y/N]. I know that this must sound crazy but I need your help in getting her back. I can't stand being without her" he spoke up quietly.

"How do I know you're telling me the truth?" I questioned as I gripped onto the door handle, prepared to close the door if they were in fact lying.

"Just give me 10 minutes and I'll tell you everything you want to know, and then you can decide if you want to help me or not. But please, at least just hear me out" Brad pleaded as his brown eyes caught mine in a desperate gaze.

My grip around the door handle loosened and I swung the door open wider before I stepped aside to let them in.