Chapter 12

I was pulled out from my dreams when I heard the sound of something hitting my bedroom window

I was pulled out from my dreams when I heard the sound of something hitting my bedroom window. I groaned and dragged myself out from under the warm sheets and walked over to the window.

I reached the window just as another pebble collided with the glass surface and then bounced back and fell to the ground. I opened the window and poked my head out. Brad stood below the window ready to throw another pebble, but stopped in his movements when he saw me.

"What are you doing you psycho, you could wake my parents" I hissed at him.

"Finally, I thought you'd never wake up" Brad said ignoring my comment as a cheeky grin formed on his lips.

"Brad, it's 2 in the morning, what are you doing here?"

"I'm taking you out" he responded smiling widely.

"Are you insane? If my parents wake up to find me gone they'll kill me and then you" I argued

"Stop wining and go put some clothes on and come"

I groaned and shut the window before I walked over to my wardrobe. I quickly stepped into a pair of jeans and threw a t-shirt over my head. I sighed when I saw my messy hair in the mirror and quickly pulled it into a half descent ponytail. I stepped into my sneakers and walked back over to the window.

I opened it and looked out. "This is a bad idea. My mum's a light sleeper. She'll hear me if I go out through the front door"

Brad immediately held his arms out in front of him. "Jump, I'll catch you"

"Okay you're official out of your mind. I'll die if I jump" I exclaimed as I stared at him in disbelief. How could he suggest such a thing? Did he want me to die?

"[Y/N], I will catch you. I promise" Brad reassured me as he signaled for me to jump.

"Oh, god" I mumbled under my breath before I swung my leg out the window and sat down on the window sill. "Shit!" I cried out as I leaped out from off the roof and squeezed my eyes closed.

Please catch me, please catch me, please catch me I chanted in my head as I sailed through the air. The fall lasted for only a second before I could feel myself landing in a strong pair of arms.

"You can open your eyes now"

I opened my eyes and immediately came face to face with Brad's cheerful face. "I told you I'd catch you, didn't I" he chuckled as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He began to walk through the garden still carrying me bridal style. "You know you can put me down now, right?" I said as I smiled up at him.

Brad looked down at me as a smile graced his perfectly shaped lips. "Nah, I kinda like having you in my arms, even though you're quite heavy" he teased as we reached the front lawn.

I gasped and smacked his arm in a joking manner. "Wow, that really hurt" he said and chuckled.

I poked my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes as he smiled down at me.
He continued to carry me in his arms until we reached his car. He put me down on the ground gently before he opened the door for me.

"Oh, what a gentleman" I gasped as I got into the car.

Brad shook his head slowly as he laughed. He closed the door after making sure all my limbs were in the car, and walked over to the drivers side.

❁ ❁ ❁

I instantly recognised where we were when the car came to a stop on top of the hill.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as I turned my head to look at him.

Brad just smiled before he reached his arm back and grabbed a blanket from the backseat and got out of the car. I opened the passenger door and got out as he placed the blanket on the hood of the car.

He jumped up on the hood and patted the empty space of the blanket next to him. I jumped up next to him and looked over at him in confusion.

"Why are we here?" I asked as I looked at his profile.

Brad turned his head to look at me and his brown orbs glistened in the moonlight. "Lay down" he stated simply.

I arched and eyebrow but did as he said nonetheless. I rested my head against the windshield and looked at him as he laid down beside me.

"Now look up"

I looked up at the sky and gasped in amazement. The entire sky was filled with brightly shining stars. "Wow" I mumbled in awe as I took in the beauty of it all.

Brad pointed at a cluster of stars and my gaze followed his finger to look at them. "That's the Big Dipper" I looked at the constellation still in complete awe. "and that's Orion"

"Where?" I asked when I couldn't make it out.

I could suddenly feel Brad's fingers brush against my cheek, and he tilted my head slightly to the side.

"Right, there" he said as my gaze finally settled upon the constellation.

"I've never seen so many starts before" I mumbled as my gaze wandered across the blackened night sky.

"You haven't?" Brad asked, and I could see him turning his head to look at me out of the corner of my eye.

"No, I mean I know they're there of course. I just guess I've never really stopped to look at them" I answered his question as I turned my head to look at him. "Thank you for taking me here. It's so worth the lack of sleep I'll get" I said as I smiled coated my lips.

A smile spread across Brad's lips as well and he reached out to push a strand of hair that had gotten loose from my ponytail behind my ear.

"I don't deserve you" he spoke up suddenly as he gazed into my eyes. "You're to-" before he had the chance to finish the sentence I pressed my lips to his.

"Don't" I whispered against his lips. "Don't say that"

Brad's eyes searched mine before he hastily connected our lips again.

A/N
Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you have a good one whether you're going out partying, trick or treating or just staying at home🖤