Chapter 9

Brad slid down into Zach's seat and stretched his legs out under the table so that his sneakers bumped into mine and his jean clad calf brushed against my own

"There's a carnival in town this weekend, and I wondered if you'd like to go with me tonight" he spoke up, his question shocking me completely.

To start a conversation by asking someone out, ballsy.

I couldn't help the smile that appeared upon my lips, completely giving my answer away before I had even uttered a word. "I'd love to" I said and bit the inside of my cheek to prevent my smile from widening.

Brad's handsome features broke into a heartwarming smile and he scrambled up onto his feet. "Great, I'll pick you up at 8"

"See you at 8" My smile widened as he turned around and disappeared out the door.

My inner self squealed like a little girl as I smiled down at the table like a fool. Zach immediately plopped down on his chair when he heard the door close behind Brad. He leaned his elbows on the table and rested his head in his left hand as he stared at me.

"Pour it out, girl. Tell me every little word he just said" he demanded as his grey eyes bore into mine.

"He asked me out!" I screeched in excitement as a smile once again appeared upon my lips.

Zach's eyes widened behind his glasses and he was quick to stand up from his seat and grasp my arm to pull me up from mine. Without uttering a word he dragged me with him out of the cafe and down the street at a rushed pace.

"Zach, slow down! Where are we going?" I panted as I tried to keep up with him all the while cursing his long legs that could take much larger strides than mine.

Zach shot me a look over his shoulder before he ushered me into a clothing store. "We're going to get you date ready!" He announced as he clasped his hands together.

❁ ❁ ❁

"And, you're done!" Zach stated and took a step back, eyeing his masterpiece with approval.

I smiled as I stood up from the chair I had been occupying for the past hour and walked over to the mirror. I gasped and my hands flew up to my face as I stared at my reflection staring back at me.

The make up Zach had done was simple and natural but still breathtaking. My hair fell down onto my shoulders and down my back in large H/C curls, and the white ripped jeans he has chosen along with a light blue crop top fitted perfectly together. It was all in all a simple but still beautiful outfit, perfect for a casual date.

I turned around towards him and gazed up at his smiling face. "Can you be my personal stylist everyday?" I asked as I threw my arms around him in a bone crushing hug.

Zach laughed as he returned the hug. "You clearly need it" he joked.

The sudden sound of the doorbell startled us both and I jumped.

"He's here" Zach said pointing out the obvious as he pushed me towards my bedroom door, clearly indicating for me to go downstairs and open the door for Brad.

I however turned around towards him and pulled him into yet another hug. "It looks amazing, thank you" I said honestly.

"Thank you, really" Zach said as he pushed me away from him and turned me around so I faced my bedroom door.

He guided me out the door and into the hallway as the doorbell rang again.

"Go get that ridiculously hot boy before I take him myself" Zach said and shot me an exaggerated wink before he pushed me in the direction of the front door.

I shook my head and laughed at his antics before I walked up to the door and wrapped my fingers around the handle. I could suddenly feel my nerves building up when I felt Brad's presence on the other side of the door and I had to take a deep breath to calm myself.

I slowly pressed the handle down and swung the door open.

A/N
I honestly just realized that I have a guy friend who is exactly like Zach. I didn't even realize it until now