Chapter 15

Stinging eyes, crumbled tissues, empty ice cream containers, tearstained pillows and a worried Zach was all my life had consisted of the past two days

I buried my face into the damp pillow as muffled sobs escaped past my lips. My heart hurt more than I ever thought was remotely possible.

I could hear mumbles sounding from downstairs, probably mum talking to Zach, begging him to do whatever he could to cheer me up. The only problem being that I didn't want anybody to cheer me up. I just wanted to lay in bed and cry until I had no more tears left.

The sound of someone walking up the steps of the staircase suddenly reached my ears and a few seconds later the door to my bedroom cracked open.

"Your mum's really worried about you, [Y/N]. She says it's tearing her apart to hear you crying" Zach said as he stepped over the threshold and closed the door behind him.

He walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge to face me. I slowly sat up, hugging the pillow to my chest as I stared into his concerned gaze.

"It hurts, Zach. It hurts so much" I stammered out, my voice sounding raspy and hoarse from all the sobbing and muffled screams that had put a strain on my vocal chords.

Zach engulfed me in a hug and rocked me back and forth as he pressed a kiss to the crown of my head.

"I know, I know" he mumbled into my hair as I gripped onto his shoulders with my hands and cried into his chest, clinging onto him as if he was my last lifeline.

[Brad's POV]

I stared up at the white painted ceiling as I laid on my back in my bed, my four limbs splayed out across the wide mattress and my duvet laying tossed onto the floor.

I had tossed and turned for well over an hour but sleep wouldn't come no matter how many different sleeping positions I tried. My mind was restless and filled with memories of you. It didn't matter whether my eyes were closed or open, images of you were projected in my mind nonetheless.

Images of your smiling face and the way your eyes lit up when you laughed haunted me each passing second. It made me regret ever agreeing to the bet in the first place, and made me miss you even more. It made me miss when you looked up at me through thick lashes with a smile gracing your lips, or when you subconsciously played with my fingers that were laced together with yours. It made me miss the way your skin felt beneath my finger tips, and how you used to thread your fingers through my hair and press tiny kisses of affection to my jaw or forehead. I just missed you, and longed for you more and more for each second that passed by.

I squeezed my eyes shut as a single teardrop slowly made its way down my face.

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter.