Chapter 36

The night was restless. The boys offered me a bed but when I glanced into Keigan's room, which was in disarray I couldn't bring myself to do so and Zayn, along with Louis, had already inhabited Lila's room so I slept on the pull out bed with Harry while Liam slept on the couch in Sadie, Bonnie, and Samantha's place across the way. Hopefully, he got some sleep because I have heard Sadie when she slept over in Lou's bunk, and she can snore like a bear in hibernation.

Except my main focus was staring at Keigan's room that all the boys out of respect didn't go in after I refused to. It sat right across from that room. Peering in I saw pictures of her smiling, but her hair was two inches shorter than before, but still just as dazzling. I was also shocked when I saw the blue bicycle sticking out of her closet. It reminded me of her smile and the way it lit up when she finally was riding solo.

Then I groggily raised my head when I heard the door knob rattle. It was probably Sadie coming to yell at us to get ready, but then a newly chocolate brunette walked through that shouting Spanish and that's when I met eyes with a very shocked Lila.

First she let out a scream which alerted all the boys, and the girls plus Liam across the hall.

"Lila, what are you doing back so early?" Samantha asked hugging, and when she pulled away we noticed Lila was still in shock. Then she shook her head and glanced at Zayn, who avoided her gaze, then she looked at me disgusted, and accusingly asked, "what the hell are they doing here? Especially him!"

They all looked to me.

"I came to talk to Keigan," I answered lamely and she scoffed. Oh no.

"Do you know what you did?" she started and all the other girls tried to stop her because they all knew since the big confrontation yesterday that I already felt horrible, I was definietly not off the hook, but I didn't need another person telling I was the slimiest scum on the bottom of the ocean.

I hadn't even noticed all of the words Lila was saying, because they were the same as Sadie's speech, but it stung all the same.

"Lila, stop," Sadie said, which surprised me that she was coming to my rescue. Lila looked at her incredulously as if she had grown three heads. I would have to if my friend was defending someone like me, but given the pretense to this, it made sense. I also suddenly noticed Liam waas patting me on the shoulder.

"Why are you defending him? Do you not remember what he did?" she ritorically asked.

"Lila, we aren't defending what he did, however, when a boy comes into your bar, claiming fault for every event that transpired after his mistake, you wonder. You wonder, how someone you thought was so bad, would be able to take any fault, let alone all of it. So, in the light of things, stop," Sadie replied.

I smiled at her and she gave me that dreadful smirk before saying, "doesn't mean you are off the hook. It means I don't blame you for everything however I do blame you for leaving."

It stung, but it stung less than before. I saw Lila looking awkwardly around, probably because she had been scolded and didn't feel comfortable around her friends, and definitely not around us, so she wasn't all that sure where she stood.

I felt bad, it was the same embarrassed look Keigan got the first day I met her, when we sake dher where she was from and she couldn't reply. For a moment I caught her eye and she gave me a cold stare, possibly getting mad at me for her predicament. I gave her a sympathetic smile before I announced, "we should probably start getting ready for work, right?"

"Yeah, Lila you can come with us and Liam, you'll stay here. We'll meet you in the hallway in an hour," Sam instructed before all the girls exited.