Chapter 2

When the words slumber and party are mixed together I instantly remember all the times I went through high school sitting in the corner of the cafeteria wishing that I could be apart of the endless chatter of nail painting and fan girling over Ed Sheeran, Leonardo DiCaprio, and One Direction. Yet now that I have a chance to participate in it, I'm suddenly dreading socializing at all with what seems to be four great people. Next thing I know the bus has stopped and crowds of girls are rushing to grab their things and head off the bus to check in with whom I assume to be the band and tour manger. I sit back and take a deep breath as Sadie, Bonnie, and Samantha hurry off with the rest of the girls. Soon I'm tapped on the shoulder and I turn to meet eyes with Lila.

"You okay?" she asks sweetly and I can only smile at her and reply 'yes' with as mush sincerity as I can muster. She smiles back then gets up to grab her bags while I decide to reciprocate her actions so I don't seem completely dumb, and then we both headed off the bus to see a sea of girls and boys crowding the outside of the hotel. So this is tour life? Lila then tugs on my sleeve and pulls me with her through the revolving gilded door. We check in to our room and head into the elevator only to meet Samantha, Bonnie, and Sadie.

"Thought I lost you back there. You both missed it, One Direction came in to check in and everything dissolved into chaos. I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes, and I realized I am not going to a good place," Sadie says jokingly. We all let out a small laugh then Bonnie snakes her arm through us from the back of the lift and presses the two button. Then the awkward silence follows. The seeds of friendship were planted, but did anyone feel the need to spark them with something. Anything to get this going.

"Does anyone here have, like, a crush on one of the boys?" Samantha timidly breaks in. All of us look at each other and then Lila jumps at the chance.

"I don't know what is, but Zayn is just so gorgeous. Maybe it's the hair or his tattoos, but man he is just so sexy." All of us burst into laughter at Lila's little confession. She turns a light shade of pink when Sadie puts a hand in her shoulder, "No worries, hon. I'm sure all of us here fancy at least one of them. Or who knows, all of them. No need to be embarrassed."

"Then who do you drool over Sadie?" Bonnie insists. I look to her with an expectant stare along with the other three girls.

"You'll find out sooner or later. Just have to be patient," she says as the door dings and she exits with us close in tow. Lila and my door come up first of our group and we separate from the other girls and remind them to meet at our room later tonight, which rolled up quicker than we thought. Soon enough we had a harmony of knocks on our mahogany door. The minute Lila opens it three girls barge in harboring chips, sweets, and soda. Yet, they seem out of breath as if they ran. Then Samantha looks frantically around the room then at us, runs to a note pad and scribbles down a note before passing out on one of the beds. I cautiously walk over to the table and on the paper it reads, 'All the boys from One Direction are out there!' I soon drop the pad and walk over to Lila and break the news to her. She rushes over to the door, slowly opening it as quietly as a hotel door can be, and peeks her head out. Her light brown hair falls over her shoulder blinding my sight of the hallway. She suddenly slams the door, definitely grabbing their attention, and then leans against it.

"Oh god, they saw me. They'll think I'm such a freak now."

Then the other three regained their breaths and walked over to us and Bonnie looked out our peephole. She gasped as there was a knock on the door. All the girls jumped away from it as if it were some contagious sexually transmitted disease. I, on the other hand, turned the silver handle opening it the famous british-Irish boy band, who all smiled at me.

"Mind, if we come in. Just trying to meet all the crew."