Chapter 19

I kept seeing everything in slow motion. At first it was a blur and now it all is moving too slow. I was thinking through all my options. I was patting my water bottle against my palm with serious consideration over each course of action. Once Sam goes on her date, the other boys invited us to go to dinner with them in a real restaurant. Do I go or do I stay home and watch reruns of Gossip Girl? As much as I love a Chuck and Blair love/hate scene, I really do want to hang out with everyone, and even prove to Miss Hallie Walters that I can be a trustworthy person.  

"Keigan, you are the deciding vote. So which one?" Sam asked pulling me out of my little inner conversation. I looked over her floral dress ensemble with grey long cardigan and matching gladiators. I thought it was cute and since I hadn't really paid too much attention to the first one... 

"I like this one, its fun and flirty," I said trying to be convincing. Sam smiled at me and twirled in her dress for an extra umph.  

"I guess majority rules, but I still will stand by my choice of Lacey sleeveless blouse with black skinny jeans!" Sadie yelled while heading towards the bathroom. Then it happened. The bell rang and Sam shrieked. We all shushed her and told her to clam down. Deep breaths and all. Then she motioned for Bonnie to open the door. Bonnie rolled her eyes and wen tot the door opening it wide as four guys entered our room, none of themm Liam. I saw Samantha's happy expression falter and her eyes begin frantically scanning behind them.  

"So, young miss Samantha. Liam has requested you meet him near the side door where he will be awaiting your arrival," Louis cheekily bowed motioning towards the door. Sam's smile automatically lightened and she quickly said goodbye before practically running out of the room.  

"Someone is an eager beaver," Sadie commented while coming out of the bathroom. Then she smiled as Louis embraced in quick hug and kissed her on the temple. Bonnie smiled at the cute couple and nudged me and I gave her a confused look. She then motioned to the boys and I wasn't quite catching on, then I gave one quick rescan of the room, oh, Miss Walters wasn't present. I hoped it wasn't because of me, as much as I want that beautiful Irish man I knew I also wanted him to be happy and I wasn't going to allow a moment of my weakness and testosterone get in the way. 

"So, ladies. Shall we be off?" Zayn asked us all with a smile while motioning to the door. Harry quickly moved to open it while all the gentlemen waited for Bonnie, Lila, Sadie, and I to exit the room. That's when Niall made himself present beside me. 

"Ready to finally eat something other than take out?" he joked. I smiled then realized I had forgotten something back at the room. I excused myself and ran back to the room grabbing my sweatshirt before returning, then the group continued after greeting me except Niall had a puzzled look on his face.  

"Were you cold? I would've offered you my sweatshirt," he sated while gesturing to his pale blue hood that complimented his eyes so well and I really need to focus on what is going on right now. 

"Um, well this is my restaurant sweatshirt," I tried to explain but realized I still left it pretty open ended because he still looked puzzled. "Its a sweatshirt I always bring with me because usually it is so hot in the summer that restaurants turn up the air conditioning to where its freezing so I bring a designated sweatshirt." 

He smiled and laughed at my little revelation and I began blushing like mad feeling like my cheeks were resembling tomatoes. 

"That's really cute," he admitted but I almost felt a little saddened because cute is what you call friends or little sisters, not girlfriends. He must have sensed that I didn't love his word choice because he started backtracking by telling me it was clever and charming. I had to laugh at how hard he was trying to fix something that wasn't that bad, I mean I could definitely live with cute.