Chapter 25

The airport was crowded when I arrived and people were either running to catch their flights or staring at the arrival/ departure board. I felt so out of place just sitting my seat waiting for the plane to board. Part of me started making up scenarios where Niall would watch the tape, realize that Hallie was lying, somehow this would spark in his head that I was the one for him, and he would running down to my terminal, panting and say he liked me too.

"All passengers we will begin boarding for our flight to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Please all passengers who need assistance approach the gate."

Then my heart sped up. I was hoping that scenario would happen. I was searching the crowd and all I saw were businessman, since it was a Tuesday.

"All first class passengers."

I stood up looking over their heads and praying to see a person in a hurry, then in the distance I spotted some blonde hair running towards the gate.

"Section A."

That may have been my section but if this was Niall, I didn't care what this flight attendant was saying. I stood up on my seat and watched as the blonde haired, aged man ran straight to the gate just next to ours. I slumped down in my seat but pulled myself together and boarded the plane. I actually fell asleep, but anything was more comfortable than that bus.

I exited the plane and called a cab that took me straight to my shoebox apartment. I could stretch and my left hand would be touching one wall while my right hand would be touching the other wall. I dropped my suitcase and saw my message machine blinking with five unread messages. I walked over to it and pressed the button and it read them aloud while I collapsed on my bed.

"First unread message," the automated voice bounced off the walls into my eardrums, " hey Keigan, it's Ralph, from the diner... Um, Jake told me you were back in town and I was wondering if you'd like your job back, th solace has been swamped and we really missed ya kiddo. Anyway... Give me a call."

Ah yes, my first priority after giving up on a dream should be to go out and retrieve my old horrible job.

"Next message. Hey sweat pea, its Jake, just wanted to see if you were back. I practically told everyone in town after you sent me that text. Call me!"

I love Jaquiline, she is twenty one years old and pregnant with a boy and is going to raise all by herself since her dead beat boyfriend elf ther for a dancer in Vegas. She has been working with me at the diner since day one since we applied together.

"Next message. You need to come back I hate band without you, playing my trumpet is no fun if I can't stare at you playing your violin," Sadie stated first then Samantha cut in, "seriously, I can't stand this and you've only been for thirty minutes," so they must have called a while ago and soon Bonnie took over, " sweetie I miss you tons and Harry troubles are expanding while you are away and I have no one to calm me down the way you do," then Lial grabbed the phone, "however we all support your decision but expect a call every other day okay, chica?" Thethere was a collective bye before the message ended and I was now just mentally spent.

"Next message. Hey, it's your dad. Wondering if you were back yet. Jake told us you were coming and your mom is worried so how 'bout a call Kiggy."

I mentally sighed, he knew I hated being called Kiggy, and he only called me that when he was trying to prove how important it was.

"Next message. Hey..." there was some noise in the background and I couldn't comprehend whatever this person was saying so I walked over to the machine and heard, "and I want you to know how sorry I am that I didn't believe you. I should have and I want to be friends, okay?"