Chapter 28

We were all sitting around talking and I was beginning to see somethings. I saw the subtle way Harry would be so intent in listening to Bonnie, no matter what she said. I also noticed how she would stare straight at the space between his eyebrows because she was too nervous to look him straight in the eye. I also saw how close Louis was to Sadie, she was leaning back into him a nd he was resting his chin on her shoulder, there really were perfect, but not in a too perfect, jinx kinda way. In a cute way.

I saw Lila and Zayn were giggling like I knew they would be. I mean him and Perrie were great, but Lila is like his soul mate or something. Then there was Liam and Sam. I saw her looking really down on herself, so I assume she believes its her fault whatever she thinks she did. Liam on the other hand looks contemplative, which I hope doesn't have anything to do with his relationship with Sam. I think they could work this out, especially if they would both stop being so stubborn about it.

Then the there was a knock on the door and I was the only one who jumped up to get it, love birds. I looked through the peephole and then the butterflies in my stomach broke free form the net that was supposed to keep them contained if I ever saw him again. So I gather myself and open the door, although the tight hug that immediately followed was a beautiful surprise. I of course reciprocated the actions and wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his pastel skin toned arms around my waist and lifted me off the ground.

"Looks like someone really missed someone," Sadie said aloud making everyone in the room laugh while he set me do wand I saw him blushing which only made me blush.

"And matching blushes," Bonnie announced and I definitely went a shade darker, and I was too nervous to see if Niall had too.

Then all the boys went and hugged Niall for his return while I slipped over to Samantha. She turned to me feigning a smile, but knew I was seeing right through it so she let it drop. Then I realized her eyes drooped and tears brimmed her eyelids, finally her lip quivered and to spare her any attention from the others I led her out towards the door. Although, before leaving the room I glanced back to make sure no one saw us and my eyes connected with two very sympathetic ones belonging to none other than Liam Payne. Yet, he quickly looked away once we made eye contact.

I was brought back into reality by the sniffles that were bouncing throughout the corridor. I turned to see my friend cradling her knees against the wall trying not to break down. It made me think this is probably what I looked like when the girls found me after Hallie had leaked my audition tape. I soon sat beside and wrapped my arm around her shoulders, then the three other girls joined us in the hallway soon after.

"What's wrong Sam?" Bonnie asked, concerned for her childhood friend.

"I don't know what is going on! We were sitting on a couch when I looked over at him he kissed me. Well, it got deeper and his hands were running up and down my sides while I tangled my hands in s air. When we took a breath he said, 'I may be in love with you, Danielle,'" and that is when I first saw Samantha break down. Oh my goodness, I couldn't imagine ever having someone tell me they were in love with someone else if we were that involved. Now I completely understand why Sam is questioning suture or not Liam really likes or loves her or if she is just the rebound. Maybe Liam wasn't giving me sympathetic eyes but guilty ones.

Lila sat on the other side of Sam and rubbed her shoulder, "sweetie, did you two work it out? Because you two still have been holding hands and carrying on."

"Well, he realized what he said he stood frozen then began apologizing and I leaned back against the couch. I told him I was only going to ask him this once and he needed to be completely honest with me. He agreed and then I asked him, do you have any remaining feelings for Danielle. He then looked like he was thinking which made me grow nervous before he said he will always have something for Danielle she was just a big part of his life, but he had aready moved on. I nodded and he kissed my head, but from then on it has been awkward silence and barely acknowledging each other. I can't take it!" she yelled.

"But Sam, you two really like eachother, he even admitted, technically that he was in love with you. Shouldn't you be happy he thinks of you like Danielle, where you could be the love of his life?" Sadie asked.

"But I don't want him thinking about Danielle while kissing me, I want him to think of me," Sam explained.

"I'm sure he does, he just slipped up is all," I reasoned. Sam wipe dher tears but became a slig bit cheerful.

We should probably head back in, I'm sure this is eating Liam up on the inside that he hurt Sam like this and it isn't making him any calmer with an inervention happening right outside the door. All the girls must've been feeling it so they all headed back inside however I grabbed Sadie and pulled her aside.

"So, what happened with Louis? Did you tell him?" I asked her. I noticed her gaze dropped and that's why there wasn't any friction.

"I wanted to!" she defended but I knew that really she was just scared to lose him.

"Well, when did ou plan on telling him?" I asked, trying to see if she really did expect to say it.

"I wanted to tell him the minute you all had built me up to do so. So I told the girls once we hung up with you I was heading over there to tell him and I ended up just watching a film and snuggling with him instead," she explained.

"Sadie," I whined, "you have to tell him. He is your boyfriend now, you should be comfortable telling him stuff like this."

"I know, I know, it's just everything is going so great, I don't want to ruin it," she sighed.

"You're not ruining it if you're being honest," I reason and I see her slump her shoulders forward like she knows my reasoning is right. I put a hand on her shoulder and pull into a hug. She wraps her arms around my waist, then we pull apart and she has a smile on her face.

"I am really, really glad you are back," she said before pulling me back into a hug and we then broke into a fit of laughter.

"I told you I hate being this flustered over a boy," she cried thorugh her giggles.

"And yet here we are, venting about it in this hall, for everyone around to hear if they felt like it," I laugh.

"It's like their own personal soap opera, ugh," she saidwiping her eyes, "now I'm crying. And I have no idea why!"

I laugh along wiht her before asking the main question, "so when is Eleanor, coming?"

"In two days," she replies looking down.

"Well, we're all behind you. Even Louis. But you know she is going to be this great person who will win you over and you'll become best friends," I tell her to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, you're right," she replied.

Then Sadie and I headed back inside and found the boys chilling on the beds watching an rerun of the Britain vs. Italy game for the Euro Cup. I personally was rooting for Italy during this game because of the upset they caused with Germany, but by the looks of it all of them were analyzing Britain's moves. Either way I instintivly sat next to Niall who gave me a smile before scooting over to make room for me. I then watched as Liam grabbed Sam by the waist and pulled her into his lap. She giggled and that's when you knew they had to work this out.

Although this will be a big trust set back for them considering Liam did confess he will always love Danielle which may not be something Sam wants to live with. I personally would find that being a difficult thing to except however, it would be better if I knew that that certain boy loved me more. I soon felt a tap on my shoulder and met a pair of cerulean blue eyes who motioned with his head to the door. I became very nervous because so far all the talks we have had alone end very badly. I nod nervously but this time he takes my hand and escorts me out there himself.

Before he door even closes all the way he starts, "let me just say how sorry I was for not believing you."

"Niall-" I try to cut I to lessen the guilt.

"Wait. I need to get this out. I was wrong, I knew you better than I knew Hallie and I should've known you wouldn't do such a thing, but I did and then I said those nasty things to you and it was wrong."

"Well I said some rude things too," I replied.

"So we're friends, yeah?"

It tore me apart and invalidated everything the girls had said about him flirting. He wasn't flirting he was being friendly with me which is all I will ever be to him. A friend.

"Friends," I replied with a smile that was really a fraud.