Chapter 34

Niall's Point of View.

The lads and I have just completed the third album. Each time I look at my guitar though, or even think about writing a song, I think back to Keigan. I remember the night, she shared with me her life, and it was one I couldn't give her. How could I tell her her that though? I instead became a coward and made the biggest mistake of my life by running away from it all. I left just after she fell asleep and didn't even leave a note. 

The first couple to disinegrate was Sadie and Louis. It ended over the phone with yelling and harsh words that could cut someone deep, if they were sincere. I doubt they were, but it doesn't even matter because he is back to dating Eleanor. And even though they seem like the perfect couple I always glance back to the moment when Sadie told Lou it was over, he replied fine and hung up, right before doubling over and sobbing. 

I had never seen Louis sob, and there he was. Bent over himself and all I could think was, is that it was my fault. I had done that. 

Then Lila and Zayn followed. I believe she cried more than Zayn, but I wouldn't know because after the silent argument and the echo of Lila's crying stopped ringing in my ears, Zayn exited the room and I didn't see him for the rest of the night. This is when the guilt started staining me. Following me wherever I went. 

Finally Samantha and Liam, assumably broke up because they never talked after that day. I refer to it like Randy in "Alas, Babylon" referred to the day the world ended as the day, I refer to the day I ruined everyone's life as that day. I notice Liam doesn't ever react to a girl when she filrts with him. He just sulks in the opposite direction. 

Then there is Harry. He sometimes will be caught on the phone with Bonnie, and after all the times he has denied any acknoledgement of that day, and by now I'm sure she knows he is lying. Bonnie continues to call and talk with him. I think it is the only thing that keeps me sane. The small, yet sad, smile Harry gets after talking with Bonnie. 

In the end, I am left with memories. She was the one I let slip through the cracks. She will be the girl I will always remember, the one I say I gave up to let her live her life. I look up from my seat in the airport and see four of the greatest guys I know staring at me. 

"What are you doing man? What have we been doing?" Harry asks me directly then scans the faces of Zayn, Liam, and Louis. 

"I'm sitting here getting ready to go home?" I answer it though I'm not sure what he was insinuating. What else would I be doing? 

"No, we're going to New York," Harry announced and all of us looked at him as if he had four heads. 

I looked at all the boys and saw something in Liam's eyes that were saying he wanted to do this. I looked over and saw Louis' looking depressed and Zayn was expressionless, which was the most worrisome of the three since I couldn't even read him. 

"Why? What's in New York?" Louis said harshly. "I mean, there is nothing for me there. And if there was I had to lie to that thing, which led to a gut wrenching, to protect a friend who hasn't been there for me since the day it happened." 

Everyone looked to me and the guilt built up and my eyes turned red. Louis suddenly look mad at himself for his outburst, which was out of character, but not out of line. Then Louis sits by me and pats my shoulder. 

"I'm sorry mate. I didn't mean to dump all the blame on you. It wasn't you, it was me who let her slip." 

"Which is why we need to go! You all need to wake up and realize that the loves of your lives are waiting for you, they are just one ten hour flight away," Harry exclaimed and he doesn't know how badly I want to go, but the same voice that ys go is also staying stay, don't shake up her life like you have before.