Chapter 1

Keigan's Point of View.

First day was interesting. Everyone around me was buzzing with what I was reading as excitement. I, for sure, was more nervous than excited as I clutched my violin handle a little harder at each passing moment. Then a director instructed us to board the bus and I hopped passing many girls in yoga pants and dance studio shirts that seemed to all mathc. Great, they all have their own little clique. They looked like patches of flowers in a garden. I was becoming less and less enthusiastic about sharing a bus with thirty-six other girls, and considering I didn't start off that enthusiastic in the first place, it pretty much means I'm now dreading it.  

Others seemed so psyched to be here but I guess that's because they know they aren't last place like me. Soon a girl around my age placed her trumpet case in the seat next to mine while she placed her duffel bag in the overhead compartment. Then, she sat down and put her trumpet case underneath the bus revved it's engine sending a cloud of smog into the atmosphere. Quickly, the girl turned to me with a bright smile and I realized she was the model girl that everyone wants to be when they are older. She politely introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Sadie. Second trumpet and a huge directioner. You are?" 

"Hi, I'm Keigan. Third violin and I guess a fan of One Direction..." 

"It's so great to meet you. I thought I was going to have a major meltdown since I had no friends. I'm definitely a socially dependent person." Oh my god, she is so open about herself. Self-conscious is officially in overdrive, 

"It's nice to meet you too. So what room are you in?" 

"Two-forty-five, you?" 

"Two-thirty-seven," I said glumly.  

Suddenly a voice from behind us broke in, "did you say room 237? Cause I'm in room two-thirty-seven." 

"Cool? And you are?" 

"Oh I'm Lila. Dancer for the Louisville Dance Academy." Now that I got a better look at her, I saw her perfectly fit body and magically curled hair.  

"Hey well at least we'll all be one the same floor," Sadie pitched in. She then turned to me with an excited look. "Okay so the first night we are so having a sleepover." 

Oh god, I was definitely one of those lone wolf types so spending a night with extremely pretty people was not all that thrilling. Then the two girls in front of us turned and looked interested in the idea of a party. 

"Hey, um I'm Bonnie and this is Samantha. We heard you guys were going to have a slumber party and were wondering if we could join?" How did people do that? Just join in conversations so effortlessly? They both had shimmering brown eyes and beautiful straight hair. 

"Course you can," Sadie spoke up. 

Great, party of five.