Depressing days really get the best of us...

The last chapter was as promised was it not?

This chapter is set later so here it is.

Enjoy.

Chapter 14- Depressing days really get the best of us…

A month later on 11/8/2011…

Liz awakes on this Tuesday for school and notices something a little different about this day. It’s the month she met Kyra and with the current situation it’s probably not best to give her a gift or anything like that. Liz notices outside her window that it is raining. She plays Guns N Roses November Rain.

When I look into your eyes

I can see a love restrained

But darlin' when I hold you

Don't you know I feel the same

'Cause nothin' lasts forever

And we both know hearts can change

And it's hard to hold a candle

In the cold November rain

We've been through this such a long long time

Just tryin' to kill the pain

But lovers always come and lovers always go

An no one's really sure who's lettin' go today

Walking away

If we could take the time

to lay it on the line

I could rest my head

Just knowin' that you were mine

All mine

So if you want to love me

then darlin' don't refrain

Or I'll just end up walkin'

In the cold November rain

As she listens to the song, she gets ready for school. Then eats breakfast and heads to school. This dreary day may help or it may not. She walks into the school building and heads to Art class and sees Nikki saving her seat. Kyra smiles as she walks over there.

            “I’m happy to see you.” says Nikki. “As am I.” says Liz. “I love these kind of days.” says Nikki. “Rainy ones?” says Liz. “Yep. It helps take everything off of my mind.” says Nikki. “I like the way you think.” says Liz. “I know you do.” says Nikki

They notice Kyra walking in and she doesn’t appear to be herself. She waves to Liz and also waves back. Maybe Kyra isn’t so depressed like last October. Hopefully, she isn’t. A few classes pass, Liz and everyone else head to lunch. Liz eyes Kenny but makes sure to steer clear away from him. “I’m hoping my sister Carla won’t get hurt by him then I’m going to make him suffer.” Liz thought.

The day before, Liz came up with something to make Kyra’s locker stink. It worked to perfection to when Kyra walked up to her locker this morning. She was alright afterwards, but made sure to not tell Kyra at all. As soon as the school day ends, Liz brings Kyra, Nikki, and their friends to work on their homework. Darla comes home from work a little different than usual.

            “Hi, mom; you fine?” says Liz. “Yes, work wasn’t so great today. I’ll bring Starbucks tomorrow.” says Darla. “Okay, I’m going to finish my homework up and just ask me if you need anything.” says Liz. “I will, sweetie. Thanks.” says Darla.

They continue their homework as Carla walks in the door with Kenny. Kyra runs to Liz’s room as does everyone else but Darla.

            “Why are they hiding from you? I wouldn’t.” says Carla. “I know. They are mad I hit Kyra.” says Kenny. “You hit my sister’s best friend?! I’m sorry we’re through. Good bye.” says Carla. “Look baby…” says Kenny. “Go away you’re making me sick. Now leave!” says Carla.

Kenny leaves the premises and Carla heads upstairs to find everyone else in Liz’s room.

            “Is it safe to come out now?” says Liz. “I dumped Kenny after I found out he hit Kyra at the Halloween party.” says Carla. “So, he won’t be here anymore?” says Liz. “Yes you’re right.” says Carla.

Now that Kenny can no longer be my target, I’ll continue with the original plan for Kyra.