Running Out of Limelight there, Kyra?

The interlude helped out with the next chapter I just finished writing.

So, here it is.

A conflict.

A tender moment.

Get to meet the girlfriend's parents soon.

All occur in this chapter.

Enjoy.

Chapter 7- Running out of lime light there, Kyra?

9/27/2011-

Thank goodness, fall came around the corner so it’s a perfect time to see Kyra do her first track meet. I have my mom, Nikki and I come, along with her friends, and my friends. This should be exciting since the plan worked perfectly. Before the meet, I asked one of the guys that set up the rows for the track (mostly the metal stuff) and he knew Kyra’s place in line. So, I am really happy about it. About a few minutes later, I see Kenny with a new girl wrapped around his arms. This could set Kyra off but she’s more focused on the meet than her ex right now.

It turns out the girl Kenny is with is actually my sister Carla. I knew there was something I didn’t like about him when he made out with my sister. Ugh! I hate him even more now! The meet begins in a few minutes, and I see Kyra in her JFK High School Wolves track uniform. Her hair looks so pretty up. “Focus, Liz, Focus! You have Nikki to hold onto not your best friend, Kyra!” Liz thought.

They begin the race and Kyra hasn’t even moved an inch. Wow! I guess the plan really did work after all. She moves after everyone else has gone through the 200m track. She placed 8th out of 12th. The nice thing was at least they won the match.

I see Kyra walk over to me, and I give her a big hug. She really appreciated it. We head out to a restaurant a few miles from the school. Kyra wanted to tell me about the match. I really want to hear this right now.

            “So, how do you think you did?” says Liz. “I think I did fine without the exception of my running metal place falling out.” says Kyra. “You did great regardless of that.” says Liz. “Thanks, Liz; I need your comfort right now.” says Kyra. “You’re welcome. You hungry or thirsty?” says Liz. “Yeah, I am. You can pick out anything for me.” says Kyra.

While I find something for Kyra & I, since my family went home without me. I called Nikki beforehand to take me home. Then, I see Kenny and my sister Carla walk hand in hand. Somebody throw tomatoes at him, please!

            “Hey, Liz.” says Kenny. “Get outta here, Kenny, I want nothing to do with you.” says Liz. “Sorry then. Can we sit with you?” says Kenny. “No, Kenny, go find your own spot and leave us the hell alone!” says Liz. “Okay, then, we’ll leave you be. Geez.” says Kenny.

Kenny and Carla walk away to find a booth near the back of the restaurant. I ordered Kyra & I’s food and it should be here at any moment. Then I feel a light hand tapping my shoulder. It’s Kyra.

            “Thanks for standing up for me, Liz. I needed it.” says Kyra. “Anytime.” says Liz. “Is our food coming?” says Kyra. “Yes it is. In fact, here it is now.” says Liz.

I got Kyra a turkey burger and fries while I got ravioli and salad. I call Nikki after Kyra and I finish eating. She arrives as soon as the check is paid for and drops Kyra off at Matt’s house then to take me home.

            “Thanks for taking me home, babe.” says Liz. “Not a problem.” says Nikki. “Have we had our first date yet? I’m just wondering.” says Liz. “My parents haven’t met you yet. I would like you to meet them this weekend. They got so excited when I said I was bringing a girl home.” says Nikki. “Really? That’s surprising most people would not accept it so well.” says Liz. “Yeah, ever since I came out, my parents are totally cool with anyone I bring home as my girlfriend.” says Nikki. “Pretty awesome parents you have.” says Liz. “You okay?” says Nikki. “I’m fine. It’s just my parents had trouble accepting me as the person that I am.” says Liz. “I can understand that. You know what? I still love you regardless of anyone not liking the amazing person that makes you Liz.” says Nikki. “Aw, baby, thanks. You’re sweet.” says Liz. “I got to head home, so a kiss before I leave?” says Nikki. “Sure, with pleasure.” says Liz.

I kiss Nikki and I walk in the door as soon as she leaves the driveway. Then I get this sick feeling inside of my stomach. Like a ‘I-don’t-want-to-meet-my-girlfriend’s-parents’ feeling. Hopefully, her parents like me.