Chapter 7

The Next Morning...

As usual I woke up, got dressed, today I'm wearing on a black office skirt, black botton shirt and a black strap vest bellow it. I put on my black strap heels and my hair in a high pony, I had on light make and light red lipstick if you know what I mean. I grabbed my purse and phone and walked out to bumping into Rahul again.
"Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't see where I was going." I quickly apologize.
"No no it's okay." He said with a smile. Maybe he woke up the wrong side of the bed this morning? Or the sun rose on the North or something?
"Good morning by the way. Is Ashley ready?" I asked.
"Yes good morning and no I think she is ready." He said jokingly showing me the time on his watch.
"Oh sorry. Its 7:30, her school starts in half an hour. We better hurry." I said and walked away. I still didn't understand what he meant by 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Tina?' He said my name at the end. I mean what he really means is 'Something happened to me Tina' that is what it translates right. Huh? I'm totally confused. Hmm...I better talk to Rachel since we work and stay at the same house, well mansion.
"Aunty?" I heard Ashley called me. I realize that I'm standing below the staircase and Rahul is a few feet away from me next to Ashley and Rachel to the side.
"Oh uhm...good morning to you too." I said nervously and laughed nervously.
"Everything okay?" Rahul asked.
"No. I mean yes!" I quickly replied. I lied again.
"Maybe you need to have breakfast seems like you're out of this world today." Rachel said.
"Uhm..okay." I said.
"Let's go." Rahul said. He and Ashley walked into the dining room first and before Rachel can go through the door I grabbed her hand and made her stop.
"Whats wrong Tina?" She asked confused.
"I need to talk to you. Maybe at work in your spare time?" I asked her.
"Sure. What about?" She asked. She could've been a lawyer you know that.
"I'll tell you later." I said and walked in the dining room. After breakfast Rachel said she said that she would come with her car so me and Rahul dropped off Ashley to school and now we're at work. Well working to our offices.
"Uhm...Tina. I need you to check the files of the last meeting this company has have. Can you do that and make a report on it. You know like if everything is good or something is missing or lacking?" He asked.
"Sure. You'll get your report soon." I told him and went to work. I went to my office and research the last meeting which was last month. March 23rd with some people from England. Accounts everything seems to be fine and yeah. Nothing more nothing less.
I started to right my report and 1 hour later I'm finally done with it. Then a knock came in.
"Come in!" I said.
"Hey. In my free time." Rachel said walking in closing the door behind her this time.
"Oh. Yeah uhm...its about your brother." I told her. She once again sat in my desk. I out away the report and walked to her side and sat next to her.
"Okay. What about?" She asked.
"Something is just...I don't know how to explain it. It's just not making any sense." I told her.
"What did he do something or say something to you?" She asked.
"Well the first time I came here were about, well he almost kissed me and then yesterday night after putting Ashley to sleep, well I asked a dumb question m 'do you know what Kuch Hota Hai means' and he...well as I were about to walk away I heard him whispered 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Tina', what did he mean?" I explained and Rachel was smiling a lot. She's got the answer.
"Well....there is only one meaning for that." She said.
"What is it?" I asked.
"He likes you. This is the first time I've heard he's ever been like this. I mean the first was Raina, his past wife, I think, that only person he thinks he can love again is you." Rachel said.
"What? That's impossible." I said shock and a bit scared.
"If you wanna know of its true ask him if he'd ever fall in love again." Rachel said.
"I'll think about it. Anyways I better drop in his report or else you know Mr Grumpy nah?" We both laughed our heads out. I took his report to him. I knocked on his door.
"Come in!" He yelled.
"Hey. I've done your report." I said. I handed it to him.
"Thanks that was fast." He compliment.
"Is that a compliment? And a smile?" I asked playfully at how he's smiling.
"No. Yes. Maybe." He said.
"Did it hurt? How bad did it?" I asked playing.
"Tina!" He said playfully.
"Okay thank you. Oh and can I ask you something? It's not about work though." I said.
"Sure if I have the answer to it." He said.
"Okay uhm...it's just, okay. Since your wife died have you ever fell in love again? Or will you?" Okay, that sounds stupid.
"No I thought I wouldn't. But I think I have." He said. Looking at me. Rachel was right or not.
"Wanna tell me, whose this lucky girl?" I asked waking and sitting on his desk. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Would he?
"I well..." Then his phone rang.
"I'll leave now, then. Maybe later we can finish our conversation." I said.
"Sure. Come into my room later, after Ashley is asleep." He said and I nodded.
I walked out closing the door and running in back into my office and closed my door and leaned on it.
"You're right Rae. He is in love. He was about to tell me who but then his stupid phone rang. I love Rae! I love him!" I said running and hugging her. She hugged and squeal in excitement.
"So are you 2 meeting or something?" She asked as we pulled away. I sat back next to her on the desk.
"Yes. After we put Ashley to sleep, he said to meet him at his room." I told her daydreaming about what to say to him.
"Really?!" Rachel said.
"Just can't wait!" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share💖

Follow me:

Wattpad: @karishma357
IG: div_yaaa_