Chapter 4

We've finally reach the Johnson's residence. His house isn't a house it's an mansion. I got out the car and grabbed my suitcase and walked to the drivers side. Trina wasn't coming out.
"Bye sis. Love you. I am gonna miss you." She said tears falling from her eyes. I bent down to face her.
"Bye sis. Make sure and take good care of grandma, grandpa and yourself okay? Promise." I said tears also falling from my eyes.
"I promise. Bye." She said.
"Bye love you always sis." I said and walked away to the entrance door. Trina had pulled out and gone. I miss her already.
I knocked on the door and finally Rachel answered the door.
"Tina!!" She said bear hugging me.
"Nice to see you too." I said hugging her back.
"Okay you're here. Follow me, oh and sis can you collect Ashley from aunt Tilly?" Mr Johnson asked.
"Sure. Bye Tina. See you later." Rachel said and I waved her goodbye. I followed Mr Johnson up a long staircase and finally stopped by an room.
"This is my room and yours is across here." Mr Johnson said pointing to his room and mines right across from his, just a few steps further.
He opened my room and I walked in. He came in and closed the door slightly.
I turned around to thank him but I bumped into him. Unknowingly he was standing right behind me. Our faces were inches away from each other. He leaned in closer until I pulled away.
"Uhm...sorry Tina, I mean Mrs Carter." He said.
"It's okay, call me Tina." I said. I back away a little.
"See you later." He said and left my room. I wished I didn't pulled away.

The Next Day.

I woke up and realized that I am not in my bedroom but then I remembered my job. I quickly got up and went in the bathroom. After I've finished changing I walked down and met Mr Johnson, Rachel and Ashley at the dining table eating breakfast.
"Good morning." I said.
"Mrs Carter! Good morning! Come join us!" Ashley said excitedly.
"Good morning Tina! Come on!" Rachel said excitedly also. I walked up to the table and sat next to Mr Johnson unfortunately because Ashley wanted me sitting next to her.
"Pancakes and blueberry muffins with chocolate tea. If there is anything else you want don't hesitate to ask." Rachel said.
"It's okay." I said. Then a few pancakes was on my plate and a cup of hot chocolate tea. I also had blueberry muffins to eat after.
"Tina when you're finished we need to take Ashley to school and then in the office." Me Johnson said breaking the vbyzz. Geez what a party pooper.
"Sure." I said and continued to eat. After we were done, Ashley was already dressed for school so we just went ahead. I was sitting in the back seat with Ashley and Mr Johnson was in the other side. So Ashley was between me and her dad. The driver was taking a million years to drive.
"Mrs Carter are you going to be my new mummy?" Ashley asked and I jumped in shock of that question. Mr Johnson started to cough.
"Uhm...I...am your new best friend." I said looking at Mr Johnson then back at Ashley.
"Really! That great! Papa is she really my best friend?!" She asked excitedly. Mr Johnson smiled at his daughter.
"Of course princess. She is your best friend." Mr Johnson said.
"So then you're papa's best friend to right!" She asked.
"Maybe not yet Ash but soon we'll be." I replied and Mr Johnson nod his head. Then after some time he went straight back to being serious.
After we've dropped Ashley to school we left for the office. The ride was silently awkward. After we reach the office I quickly ran into my office and sat down.
Then I thought about yesterday evening.
'Was Mr Johnson, I mean Rahul really was about to kiss me or he just wasn't in his mind?' I thought.
I then heard a knock on my door.
"Come in!" I said sweetly. It was Rachel.
"Hey! Just wanted to see how the job was going?" She said stepping in my office and sitting in my desk. I got up and sat next to her.
"Well I've just started so good so far. Let's hope it continues like that." I replied. Me and Rachel have known each other like 5 years or more now. Me and her met Trina and Aria. Well in my case I just started hanging out with Aria because she's my sisters Trina best friend.
"Yeah. So...wanna do something later like the old days?" She asked I smiled remembering how much fun the 4 of us used to have.
"I wish but I have babysitting to do. Remember my other job?" I said reminding her.
"Oh...well maybe..." Rachel was cut off by Mr Johnson walking into my office. Rachel have forgotten to close the door. He doesn't look happy like usual.
"This isn't a liming spot, it's an office!" He said roughly. Me and Rachel quickly jumped off the desk.
"Sorry sir." I said.
"Rachel you know the rules. Don't let your size bring you down. Being lazy isn't what I like! Back to work!" He ordered his sister whom I realized tears was falling from her eyes but she quickly ran out slamming my door shut.
"You didn't have to tell her that!" I yelled angrily for him making her feel hurt.
"Excuse me! You're my employee not hers!" He said angrily.
"I don't care what you are now! Do you have any idea how hurt she was!" I said angrily.
"Well sorry boss I didn't know that you were higher than me! So leave if you want to!" He replied.
"You know what if your attitude can't change then go to hell! And to hell with this job!" I yelled angrily and grabbed my keys, bag coat and walked out the office angrily. Mr Johnson was just standing there shock. He couldn't believe what I just told him and neither can I. I finally reached outside the building and met Rachel crying there.
"Hey sorry about what he said." I said apologetic.
"Where are you going?" She asked.
"I quit." I said.
"Well good luck then. He usually yells at me like that." She said. I gave her a hug and left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share💖

Follow me:

Wattpad: @karishma357
IG: div_yaaa_