Chapter 1

Tina Carter POV.

I am Tina Carter. Yes I know my name is Indian because part of my family is from India and I'm 28 years old. My husband died 6 years ago, the day that Rahul and Raina were born, our kids. My stepdaughter whom I consider my real blood daughter Ashley is now 13 years old. We live in New York.
"Mummy can you tell us a story?" My darling son Rahul asked. He's just like his dad.
"Yes mum please!!!" My daughter Raina asked. Raina and Rahul is twins. Both 6 years old.
"Tell us about how you and papa met." Ashley said.
"Okay, I'll tell you about how me and papa met, okay." I said.
"Okay!" They said in unison. Right now we're both sitting in our porch and their heads are resting on my lap and Ashley head was resting on my shoulder.

8 years ago.

I was 20 years old, just finished University. I have my degrees and everything I need for my new and first job interview today. I lost my parents in an car accident a few years ago when I were 12. I lived with my grandparents ever since. I'm guessing I have to describe myself well, I'm fit because I work out a lot, I have fair complexion, long straight black hair Brown eyes and I recently, now have on a black office skirt and button shirt with black heels and light make-up. I've been sitting in this seat for like almost an hour now.
"Mrs Carter?" The woman from behind a desk finally called I stood up and walked forward.
"Yes." I said.
"Mr Johnson is ready for you." She said.
"Thank you. Uhm...direction exactly?" I asked a bit nervous.
"First door you see to the right. It has his name on it." She told me nicely.
"Thank you." I told her.
"Good luck. You're gonna need it. Mr Johnson is an high tempered one." The woman warn and I smile at her and just walked.
"Let's see. Oh there it is!" I whispered yelled to myself. Thank God no one was here because they'd thought I was crazy. I took a few deep breath and knock on his door.
"Come in!" A stern voice said behind this door. I opened it and walked in. Behind the desk was a guy that was very much handsome. He looks like 26 or something.
"Will you have a seat?" Mr Johnson said pointing to the chair in front of him. I walked up and sat.
"So you want to work here. Uhm..have you had any experience Mrs Carter?" He asked.
"No sir. This is my first job. I've recently graduated from university." I said nervously.
"I know. I have an whole file on you. Including you lost your parents when you were 12 and lived with your grandparents ever since." With that my eyes started watering.
"Are you okay Mrs Carter?" Mr Johnson asked.
"Yeah." I lied. I was totally sad and hurt.
"Okay then, so what are your specialties Mrs Tina Carter, I think your name is, in like what are you good in, subjects?" Mr Johnson asked.
"My specialties are Mathematics, English, I.T, P.O.B, Drama and O.A." I told him.
"Nice. Well you got the job of being my personal assistant." My mouth dropped. He's got to be frickin kidding me.
"Seriously?" I asked.
"Any problems?" He asked as if nothing is wrong.
"Uhm...yes actually. I have so many subjects why do I have to be you P.A?" I asked not nervous anymore.
"Excuse me. If she don't want the job Mrs Carter, by all means leave. But of course you wouldn't do that because you desperately need this job, don't you?" He said smirking. I want to slap him now.
"I'm sorry." Is all I said. I have no idea how in earth am I so calm. Usually I don't usually be so.
"Nice. So 8 from the morning. Don't be late." He ordered.
"Okay, goodbye Mr Johnson." I said. He smiled for the first time and I just left. After I've walked out the building I was so happy that I got the job.
'I mean my grandparents can't always be their for me. Have to admit Mr Johnson is kind of cute. Okay I got to ignore that.' I thought to myself.

Beep!...beep!...beep!..

I've just got an message. I opened my phone and saw its from the group me, Trina, Rachel Johnson and Aria Morgan made.
Oh I forgot to introduce Trina and Aria.
Trina is my elder sweet sister. She is a doctor, 25 years old. She's like me fit because we work out, she has long brown hair and brown eyes same complexion as mine and she wears glasses. Aria Morgan is thin, light brown complexion, blue eyes shoulder length blonde hair and loves partying. She is 22 years old, she is an bank teller. I'm the youngest in the group and finally, Rachel Johnson she is 21, thin but is putting on a little more size everyday because she is eating dunks mostly and brown eyes. She is a nerd, she wears glasses and has black hair, with a red at the end of her long hair, she has an elder brother that I have no idea who he is because he works a lot in his office, single parent because his wife died and he has a beautiful baby 5 year old girl. Rachel's family is a very high and rich. They own the biggest company in the country or world in my case, she works in the office. She and her brother shares the company. Which is very sweet.

Back to the message.

Rachel:"Hey girls, u all still in 4 this evening right?"
Aria:"It's a party so of course."
Rachel:"Sweet! My brother is going to be there."
Aria:"Really💖 he is sooo hot😍😘"
Rachel:"Aria!!🤔😂😂😂"
Aria:"Sorry😋"
Trina:"Girls my boss is letting me out early so see u all."
Rachel:"Awe thank u😘😘💖"
Me(Tina): "Girls another thing to celebrate 4!😀!"
Rachel:"What🤔?"
Aria:"Tell us!🤔"
Trina:"🤔"
Me(Tina):"I got the job! My boss is a bit idiotic...sry fully idiotic!😬😡"
Rachel:"Poor ting😱"
Aria:"Sry bbg😉"
Trina:"We'll tlk later gotta gt back to wrk bye😂😘"
Me(Tina):"Bye guys later😘"

After I put away my phone I took an cab and have finally reach home. It was now 3 p.m. Rachel has invited us for her niece's birthday party. Her niece is 5 years old today. That's her brother's daughter, the single parent one. I opened the door to smell a delicious cookies scent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share💖💙💗

~DKR

Follow me:

Wattpad: @karishma357
IG: div_yaaa_