Sick day

Tims POV

we are all ment to be in school today as it was Monday but we all decided to stay at home to look our two sick bats, Jason was physically sick but Bruce he was still a mess even though he'd calm down. Alfred called us all off sick, luckily we had friends and nice teachers that will do extra notes and email us the work so we can do it, unfortunately, we only had the one laptop so we took it in turns. We all stayed home most of the time, however, some of us did pop out to get things. Violet spent most of her time outside with Sunburst doing circus tricks, Bruce stayed with her while she was doing them, they were amazing. she did flips, handstands, summersaults and all sorts on sunburst, she even got sunburst to run under a pole so she could grab it and once she did she spun around it then she let go and spun in the air landing on Sunburst as he slowed to a stop. She looked happy but it suddenly turned to a slight frown. I've seen that type of frown before, Dick sometimes did it when he used to self-harm. I looked closely at her arms as her sleeves fell down her arm revealing her arms, they were bandaged up so I went to Barbara hoping she'll know something.

Tim:"Barbara, do you know why there are bandages with blood on Violet's arm"

Barbara:"yes, I spotted her self-harming but she said she'd stopped"

Tim:"well I don't think she has, she looks tired and weak"

Barbara and I ran to Violet just in time as she started to faint and blackout from the loss of blood. We didn't want to move her as she'll lose more blood so Barbara ran inside to get Alfred and they both ran out. Alfred tended to Violet and stitched up her wounds as they were deep. I wondered what she did it with and where she did it, she wasn't doing it in her room that's when I realised she takes forever to put Sunburst away. I went to his stall and found a piece of glass with dried up blood on it. There was dried up blood on the wall and the hay. I walked out with the shard of glass.

Tim:" well I found what she was doing it with"

I handed it to Barbara and she threw it away. While Alfred finished stitching up Violet's arms, we cleaned out all the blood and put fresh hay down then put Sunburst away. We came out and put Sunbursts blanket over Violet as it was there at the time, so we put is over her to keep her warm. That's when I realised that the blanket had a picture of the poster that she has up in her room. At the top of it said 'The soaring songbirds' It had the most beautiful detail on it. I started getting curious and went inside and grabbed the laptop.

I looked on the laptop seeing if I could find the circus Violet grew up in I could help her. I typed into the computer 'the soaring songbirds' hoping to find something. I did. They performed at jubilee circus. I went to their homepage and found information on the 'soaring songbirds'. they were a family with a mother called Jay Novak, a father called Larry Novak and their daughter called Katarina Violet Novak. Wait, Katarina. I understood why she changed her name to Violet, It's probably the same way Dick likes to be called Dick and not Richard. I continued to find information. It turns out her uncle was the ringmaster and the circus was named after her auntie who loved to see circus acts and after her death, her uncle started up a circus and named it after her. I also found out that Violet was born in Serbia in a part that spoke Romanian. Made sense. I sat there for an hour looking things up, about violet's past, what she did and what sunburst did. Soon enough I found out how they died, it was exactly how violet said how it happened and violet/ Katarina was 4. I felt sorry for her she remembers all the detail even though she was 4, I can't even remember what I did when I was 4, I scrolled down that's when I realized a 'missing' poster. It was violet it says she ran away from the circus ad her uncle is desperate to find her. I got up and rang him in my room so no one could hear.

Ringmaster:"Hello, ringmaster of jubilee's circus hear" he sounded polite

Tim:"um hello, my name is Tim Drake Wayne and I'm here to talk about the soaring songbirds, your website says they died apart from one?"

Ringmaster:"yes, their daughter Katarina. she ran away after her parents died and after she killed at least two people as they started to hurt her, I'm worried sick about her. Have you seen her" he said worriedly

Tim:"yes, in fact, my older brother Dick Grayson goes to her school. She's been living on her own until just recently when my adopted father brought her in like he did to all of my brothers apart from one. anyway, she's been living here with us and she changed her name to Violet. I was wondering if its possible to go to your circus and be your special guests and donate some money, my father is Bruce Wayne and he'll be happy to donate some money as it will or might help Violet."

Ringmaster:"yes that won't be an issue, we are stopping at Gotham City tomorrow"

Tim:"great see you then"

I ended the call and walked downstairs and told everyone, they were all ok with it and luckily Violet was still asleep so it will be a surprise.