Night Terrors

Violets pov

Violet:"daddy bats, you awake" I said quietly

Bruce:"yes, whats wrong?" he looked at me as I was still in tears. He sat up and put me on his lap and hugged me tightly.

Bruce:"what happened" he asked

Violet:"night terror" that's all I could get out. I was too scared to say anything else. Even the way I said it Bruce knew it must have been a terrible one.

Bruce:"wanna talk about it?" he asked softly. All I could do was shake my head.

Bruce"ok, wanna stay with me" Bruce said so sweetly. I simply nodded as I was cuddled into his chest. He lied down and I lied next to him, with my head on his chest and the rest of me cuddled into his side. Bruce held me close and wrapped his arm around me. I felt safe. Soon I stopped crying and fell asleep. I stayed with Bruce until morning. I did, however, wake up at one point as I heard Alfred walk in but I went straight back to sleep.

(morning)

Violet's Pov

I was first up, I sat alone downstairs in quite but that was interrupted by Dick who ran downstairs. He looked scared. I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder, he jumped a bit but as soon as he realised it was me, he hugged me in tears. I knew why Bruce did tell me that Dick gets night terrors like me. I sat him down on the sofa and sat with him. He started to become paranoid. I carried him outside to the stable, I tacked up sunburst and put Dick on the back so I could hold the rains as we went for a ride. we rode through the forest and the sounds of the forest, the birds singing, the wind blowing through the trees and the rivers were calming. Dick had his arms around my waist to hold on, the sounds seemed to calm down. We headed back and Dick was fully calm an was back to his old self. when we got back Alfred was waiting for us.

Alfred:"there you two are, off for a walk" Alfred said

Violet:"yes, Dick had a night terror so, I thought a ride through the forest might calm him"

Dick went into the house as I put sunburst away. I took a while but there was a reason but, I didn't and won't tell anyone. Once I got into the house I found Dick with Bruce and his brothers in the kitchen as they by the looks of it only woke up. I sat myself down on the sofa reading a book so I could get ideas for a project for school. I walked upstairs to my room and locked my door. I grabbed a knife from my draw and sat down on my bed and started to cut myself as I blamed me for my parent's death.

Barbara's Pov

I was heading to the stairs when I heard noises that sounded like a knife cutting the skin coming from Violets room. I unlocked the door as I knew all the passwords for the doors cause Dick used to try and kill himself to end his suffering and as he blamed himself that his parent's deaths all through years ago. Back then I was the only person Dick went too to talk about it and tell all of his night terrors Now he has Violet, Bruce and me. When I opened the door I saw Violet cutting herself. I ran to her and grabbed the knife away from her. I realized she was crying so I grabbed her into a hug then pulled out a bandage from my pocket, which I always keep on me just in case of these scenarios, and wrapped it around her arm. We sat there for a bit until she stopped crying then we headed downstairs. dick ran to her as soon he realized the bandage on her arm and as he used to do it he knew what she did and to my surprise, Bruce also ran to Violet knowing what she did. I don't know much about Bruce's past but if I could guess he also did it. I felt sorry for that boy how lost everything in that alley, he lost his family, he lost his childhood, EVERYTHING kinda like all of us did, I guess this family has something in common. If I had to choose a family I would choose this one, we may have had our ups and downs but we stick together no matter what. I walked over to my brothers as they handed my breakfast, then I ran out the door to go shopping for supplies. It didn't take long and when I got home everyone was hugging Violet which I found sweet, I know they always do this when a family member is hurt or upset but its always sweet to see them like this, from the tough acts like they don't care type brother to a sweet gentle caring brother and seeming I was the only girl I was like a mother to them, even to Bruce. I put the shopping away and walked over to the others and sit with them.

We stayed like this all day, as a family.

later that night me, Jason and Bruce all went out on patrol. we stop at least three gangs from killing people but one of them was a lone man who was about to kill a family with a lone child. Me and Redhood had to deal with the family while Batman went haywire. We got the family to a safe place and just before Batman killed the guy, I stopped him while Redhood took the bad guy to the officers so he could go to jail. Batman fell to his knees, he had horror in his eyes. Me and redhood got him back to his feet and got him home. Once home Bruce was in tears, I've never seen Bruce cry before, yer ok he's been sad but he never actually cried before, well not that I know of. That last fight must have brought back memories of when he lost his parent's. Everyone ran to his side, we tried to get words out of him but all he did was look at us petrified. We all hugged him but one Violet ran upstairs, she soon came back downstairs with a music box.

[image below]

she winds it up as it begins to play kiss the rain by Yiruma, then she started to sing which seemed to snap Bruce out of it

she winds it up as it begins to play kiss the rain by Yiruma, then she started to sing which seemed to snap Bruce out of it.she started to sing:

Violet:"Deep in the meadow, under the willow. A bed of grass, a soft green pillow. Lay down your head, and close your eyes. And when they open, the sun will rise. Here it's safe, and here it warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet----and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away. A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray. Forget your woes and let your troubles lay. For when again it's morning, they'll wash away. Here it's safe, and here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet----and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you."

Bruce calmed down and snapped out of it kinda, he was still crying and his eye showed fear but that song helped him, he hugged Violet in tears as we could hear him sobbing on Violet's shoulder. we all felt sorry for the big bat.