This isnt a good day for the bats

Barbara's Pov

later that night me, Jason and Bruce all went out on patrol. we stop at least three gangs from killing people but one of them was a lone man who was about to kill a family with a lone child. Me and Redhood had to deal with the family while Batman went haywire. We got the family to a safe place and just before Batman killed the guy, I stopped him while Redhood took the bad guy to the officers so he could go to jail. Batman fell to his knees, he had horror in his eyes. Me and redhood got him back to his feet and got him home. Once home Bruce was in tears, I've never seen Bruce cry before, yer ok he's been sad but he never actually cried before, well not that I know of. That last fight must have brought back memories of when he lost his parent's. Everyone ran to his side, we tried to get words out of him but all he did was look at us petrified. We all hugged him but one Violet ran upstairs, she soon came back downstairs with a music box. she winds it up as it begins to play kiss the rain by Yiruma, then she started to sing which seemed to snap Bruce out of it.she started to sing.

Violet:"Deep in the meadow, under the willow. A bed of grass, a soft green pillow. Lay down your head, and close your eyes. And when they open, the sun will rise.Here it's safe, and here it warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet----and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away. A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray. Forget your woes and let your troubles lay. For when again it's morning, they'll wash away. Here it's safe, and here it's warm. Here the daisies guard you from every harm. Here your dreams are sweet----and tomorrow brings them true. Here is the place where I love you."

Bruce calmed down and snapped out of it kinda, he was still crying and his eye showed fear but that song helped him, he hugged Violet in tears as we could hear him sobbing on Violet's shoulder. we all felt sorry for the big bat. He was hurt the most, he hides his pain away and locks it in a cage, but when it happens to him again or someone is in that position it escapes and causes him pain and horror. This was the first time any of us saw Bruce cry, I mean he shed a few tears when Jason died but not like this. This was different it's like his worse nightmares came back to haunt him. We all tried to help but all Bruce wanted to do was stay with violet, he soon fell asleep on her as she hummed the tune of that song she sang.

Violets Pov

I held daddy bats in my arms as he cried. I felt sorry for him that night in the ally changed his life for good, it must have been traumatizing for him to see that it almost happened to someone else. I got him back to his feet and walked him to the sofa, I would have carried him but the big bat is too heavy for me. I sat him down and sat next to him, he put his head on my chest as he lied down and I held him close. I knew his favourite film well program and put it on, I was pretty sure it was NCIS as he loved trying to guess what happened to the person, that died. He soon enough fell asleep on me as I hummed the tune of my lullaby and started to calm down. He talked in his sleep every now and then saying mother, father or at times mother, father don't go. I was joined by the bat brothers and Barbara, we all cuddled around Bruce.

We stayed like this after we ate the pizza we ordered, we ordered one for Bruce so when he wakes up he could eat. We were happily watching Dragonheart and the dragon, soon to be called Draco,  is cutting himself to get his heart to half it and share it with a dying prince who has become the 'king' as his father died. As soon as it was that part Jason throws up, one ruining the film and two waking Bruce up. Alfred walked in and cleaned up the mess and handed Jason a bucket to be sick in. Great now we have to deal with a traumatized Bruce and a sick Jason. The others and I stayed up all night looking after them, I mainly looked after Bruce and the others looked after Jason. We had our ideas on what made Jason sick, the pizza and then that scene in the film, I turned the film off and put on the greatest showman.

We were all happily looking after our family it made us, mainly me, closer as we understood them more and our family bond became stronger. We all talked while the film was on, well dick mainly just sat there watching it, the others told me how they became part of this family and I told them mine that's when they said my story of my parents dying was similar to Dicks. I was puzzled. Dick sighed and turned around and asked me if I wanted to know his story, I said yes as I wanted to know. He told me his. I felt so bad for asking, His parents died during the show Bruce was watching, they were doing the trapeze and the bolts to hold it in place were gone and when Dick's mother reached for Dick or Richard to jump it came off and they fell to there deaths. they died on impact, unlike my parents who survived the fall. Dick stood there as he saw crimson blood flow around them. It was at the funeral when Bruce brought him in as his own son.