Chapter 22 xx

Few days have passed since I woke up from my coma. I look at Harry and Jade who’s sitting next to each other rather awkwardly.

    “You guys look cute together.” I states and the rest of the people that’s in my room stop talking.

Harry moves away from her and sit next to Louis who has his hand linked together with Eleanor. I take it that both of them are an item.

    “No we don’t. But YOU and Harry do.” Jade says and shrugs her shoulder.

    “No offence, but I don’t even know him.” I speak.

    “Of course you don’t.” Niall says sarcastically.

I nod, agreeing with what he said. Then Eleanor and Karilys look at each other mischievously. They walk up to me.

     “We should show you around, you know, since you’re now not under the hospital’s care anymore. You might remember something.” Eleanor says and grabs my arm.

Obediently, I follow them out. The rest of the guys follow us closely. I look around the hospital and stop and stare at the vending machine. I remember something… I had a race with someone near the vending machine… but with whom…?

    “Do you remember something?” Liam asks.

    “I don’t know it just feels like the vending machine was also in part of my memory…”

    “What exactly are you remembering?” Louis questions.

    “Well… I was having a race with someone… and…” I say, closing my eyes, trying to remember more “we were running towards the vending machine and this someone accidentally tripped me over or something but I fell and sprained my ankle… and that’s pretty much it.”

Harry looks up at me with something hidden behind his unemotional face. It almost seems like he want to smile but… maybe it was just me.

    “Well, tell us when you can remember exactly what happened.” Zayn says, assuring.

I nod and we make our way out of the hospital. I inhale the fresh air. Trailing behind them, I take a look around Paris. Something happened here…

    “Ames, look!” Niall says excitedly and points at the playground.

I look up and a piece of memory comes flooding in my mind. I sigh in frustration. It’s like the more I try to remember what EXACTLY happened the more the memory fades away.

    “Ames, you don’t have to remember everything by today.” Zayn says and ruffles my hair.

    “Are you the person that always ruffles my hair just to annoy me?” I ask hoping that he’d say yes, so it’d be an achievement for today.

    “No, it’s someone else.”

    “Oh…” I slump my shoulder and stare ahead.

We enter the hotel where they are staying and working, apparently. Karilys said that she work here as a part time job.

Karilys looks at her watch.

    “I have one more hour before my shift starts. What should we do?” Karilys asks and nods at Eleanor.

    “Ooh, why don’t we go to your room, Ames?” Eleanor asks.

    “Sure, but I don’t know what’s my room number.” I confess.

    “It’s alright we know it.” Karilys says.