Chapter one xx

"Mum, you can’t!” I protests.

    "I'm sorry, but you just have to.”  She says and quickly moving around in the kitchen, making breakfast.

    "Mum, I'm only 17 for goodness’ sake!”

    “Old enough.” She says and shrugs her shoulder.

    "Mum!” I whine and grumpily sit on the stool in front of the counter.

    “It’s already settled. Morning honey.” She moves onto a different subject.

    “Morning to my beautiful ladies.” Dad says and half-hugging me.

I cross my arms and frown at him.

    “What’s up with the long face?” he asks.

    “Like you don’t know.”

He furrows his brows and look at mum questioningly.

    "The news about my friend’s son, remember?”

    “Oh, that… I'm sorry BooBear.”

    “Don’t ‘BooBear’ me, dad.” I look up at him, still frowning.

    “I'm so sorry. We’ll talk about this later, okay? Eat up your breakfast or you’ll be late for school.” He says and pinches my cheek.

I eat my breakfast half-heartedly and get off the stool.

    “Bye, I'm leaving.” I say and walk away.

I normally kiss both of them on the cheek. But today, I'm mad at them and I want them to know that and that I'm not going to agree with whatever they choose.

    "Hello, sister.” Jade asks as soon as I pick up my phone.

    “Hey can we not talk right now? Because I might cuss.” I warn.

    “Well then, meet you at school and tell me everything alright?” she says, supporting.

    “Thanks.” I say and end the call.

I then continue on walking. I am a bit cooled down now.

    "Ouch.” The guy says.

At least he’s still standing. I get myself up from the pavement and rub off the dirt. What a gentlemen he is. Note the sarcasm.

    “Sorry about that. Got to dash.” I say and quickly walk away and ignoring him.

I look at my watch. Five more minutes, or else I'm going to be so late. I mean it’s the first day of school after all. I enter the school gate in a rush and scramble off towards my homeroom. I scan the room before taking a seat next to my best friend, Jade.

    “What happened?” she asks.

    “I'm going to get married.”

    “Funny, no time for jokes, honey.” She says and rolls her perfect green eyes.

    “I'm not joking, Jade. I'm serious. I don’t even know that guy.” I say and burry my palms on my face.

    “Are you okay?” she asks and rubs my shoulder comfortingly.

    “I'm not, okay.” I say and look up at her.

My eyes are probably red by now. She looks at me in concern and gives me a sad smile.

    “I don’t know what to do…” I say and my voice sounds hoarse.

    “Amethyst Wyatt.” The teacher calls out.